Boss' Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss' Pizza

I heard there is a Boss' Pizza opening in Brookings. True? And if it is, where is it going?

Re: Boss' Pizza

Boss' moved into the building that used to be Caspers on Main street across from what used to be the Safari. The block south of the Post Office - east side of road.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      Boss' moved into the building that used to be Caspers on Main street across from what used to be the Safari. The block south of the Post Office - east side of road.

i havent eaten at the one in sf but will have to try it in brookings. theres way too many other places to eat in sf that boss pizza isnt on the list of must eat places.

Comment

It's good pizza & chicken. Their 'hook' is that they deliver until 3am. (I wonder who they are targeting with that?!) Their noon buffet is new and I'll wait a while before trying it again. Otherwise, we've had good pizza!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
          It's good pizza & chicken. Their 'hook' is that they deliver until 3am. (I wonder who they are targeting with that?!) Their noon buffet is new and I'll wait a while before trying it again. Otherwise, we've had good pizza!
          Apparently they also deliver to the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            i havent eaten at the one in sf but will have to try it in brookings. theres way too many other places to eat in sf that boss pizza isnt on the list of must eat places.
            There are two in SF; good pizza.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Actually, make that three locations- former Uno Tomato on Minnesota, 26th and Marion, and now in the mall. The one in the mall is only chicken- at least for now- unless something happens with Villa Pizza. My wife and I both really like the pizza. Have only tried the boneless wings at the mall- pretty good, too.

Comment

The two big things that make a pizza are the crust, and the sauce.

I've come to really like thin crusts--the thinner and crispier, the better. But I can handle a really, really good, light, bready crust, done well. And I like spicy, tomato-ey sauces, not sweet sauces.

So, what are the crusts and sauces at Boss' like?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  The two big things that make a pizza are the crust, and the sauce.
                  Or the size and the price, if you're still in college.

Comment

nothing beats Pizza King

Comment

They also have a great business model for a college town...cash or cards only. No checks.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                        nothing beats Pizza King
                        Amen brother! Pizza King is by far the best in town in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Amen brother! Pizza King is by far the best in town in my mind!
                          When I last wandered back into Brookings, I celebrated with a wonderful, cheesy, over crisp, thin pizza at Pizza King while listening to Brookings Bobcats beat their rival Watertown Arrows on KBRK (or whatever Brookings station carries the Bobcat games). The place hasn't changed much since my teens so many years ago. Need to visit there again.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                            nothing beats Pizza King

Mmmmmm.....Sauerkraut and Canadian Bacon pizza.....good stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              Mmmmmm.....Sauerkraut and Canadian Bacon pizza.....good stuff!!
                              Pizza King is were its at in Brookings if you like thin crust pizza with plenty of options for toppings. Observation, the older you get the more likely you are to enjoy thin crust pizza.

Now, Charlie's Pizza in Yankton, I'd put them up against Pizza King any day. Just about any toppings you want, fresh garlic seasoned crust and they have a Festus pizza that is made with provolone cheese, sausage, jalapenos and sauerkraut. Man is it good.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X