Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnyGivenSaturday bites the dust

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/e...-an-old-friend

From Ralph - AGS's original founder and a GREAT guy. Good explanation on it's end. Glad that they made it through the season/play-offs.

For those of us that like to follow what's happening nationally, this looks to be the likely successor

www.fcsfans.com

Likewise a friendly place, altho, since it was founded by, and run by a UM Griz fan, suggest that we not get into the running battle over getting the Griz to Brookings.

I'll miss AGS, I really enjoyed it, especially the football, and non-political lounge. I've met friendly folks and caught games that I wouldn't have known to find because of that site. In fact, 89Rabbit found me there, and invited me here, so, guess I wouldn't be the fan even here without AGS.

Re: AnyGivenSaturday bites the dust

WOW. I've been trying to go there for a few days now, but just figured it was under-construction.
    Big loss...for me, it was usually 1.) Argus.com 2.) SDSUFANS.COM 3.)AGS.com 4.) Yahoo.com news to start my day.

I guess I'll give this other FCS site a shot. Hopefully all the posters at AGS will do the same.
    Geez, come to think of it, they even had a weekly, FCS top-25 ranking that the members voted on if you had enough posts that was considered very legit nationally.

I'm going to miss it.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      WOW. I've been trying to go there for a few days now, but just figured it was under-construction.
      Big loss...for me, it was usually 1.) Argus.com 2.) SDSUFANS.COM 3.)AGS.com 4.) Yahoo.com news to start my day.

I guess I'll give this other FCS site a shot. Hopefully all the posters at AGS will do the same.
      Geez, come to think of it, they even had a weekly, FCS top-25 ranking that the members voted on if you had enough posts that was considered very legit nationally.

I'm going to miss it.

Go Jacks!!
      Yes, FCSfans.com also has a poll, but has had limited participation. Trust me, you will know most of the high # posters at fcsfans.com. There is a LOT of former AGSer's making their way to the site.

As an active voter in the AGS poll the last three seasons, I will miss getting to participate there, and hope to get up the chain to be a pollster at FCSfans.

Comment

Give ChampionshipSubdivision.com a shot. It gets a little more rambunctious there at times as its much lighter moderated than AGS but a lot of the AGS people had gone there already.
        Last edited by rabidrabbit; 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM. Reason: Want to get readers to right place.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Yes, FCSfans.com also has a poll, but has had limited participation. Trust me, you will know most of the high # posters at fcsfans.com. There is a LOT of former AGSer's making their way to the site.

As an active voter in the AGS poll the last three seasons, I will miss getting to participate there, and hope to get up the chain to be a pollster at FCSfans.
          I believe all you need to vote at CS.com is to get 100 posts I believe. Such a rabid person as yourself should get there quickly I'd think.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

the website says this:

"Sorry, AGS is unavailable at the moment due to unpaid invoices. Site will be back up once those invoices are paid."

is there still a chance? **fingers crossed**

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakState View Post
              the website says this:

"Sorry, AGS is unavailable at the moment due to unpaid invoices. Site will be back up once those invoices are paid."

is there still a chance? **fingers crossed**
              Nope.

Read this http://www.collegesportingnews.com/e...-an-old-friend from the first post here.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/

Looks like they're back up and running. Who knows for how long.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I just tried signing up...again...for like the 4th time or more. Instead of flat out ignoring me or disapproving of me for some BS reason, this is the message I get.

You have been banned for the following reason:
                  No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Comment

Glad it is back!

Go State!

Comment

It's working. Already trying to defend our recruiting class.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X