Illinois St Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois St Transfers

So far coach Brock Spack has been working the transfer wire for Illinois St.

5 FCS players have transferred in and will play next season for an already good Illinois St team that beat UNI and finished 3rd in the MVC last year.

LB Leonard Hubbard from Wisconsin (3 star recruit)
    RB Ashton Leggett from Michigan St (3 star recruit)
    DE Nickcaro Golding from Purdue (3 star recruit)
    WR Marvon Sanders from E. Michigan (2 star recruit)
    RB Erik Smith from Wisconsin (2 star recruit)

Re: Illinois St Transfers

I'm surprised more people haven't been in here to comment on this. This is by far the underlying story of the entire recruiting season in the MVC. With an injection of talent like this, they could catch some people not paying attention by surprise next year. I think they had a load of returners as well.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      I'm surprised more people haven't been in here to comment on this. This is by far the underlying story of the entire recruiting season in the MVC. With an injection of talent like this, they could catch some people not paying attention by surprise next year. I think they had a load of returners as well.
      They had a freshman QB that was very impressive and Coach Spack really got the team playing well towards the end of the season. I think they are a top 3 team next year along with us and SIU. I think UNI lost alot of talent and starters but they should still be good and Missouri St should be good as well.

Comment

I wouldn't call Ashton Leggett a three star recruit.

Report: http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....s_running.html

Former Spartans running back Ashton Leggett pleads guilty to assault

By Josh Slagter | The Grand Rapids Press

January 14, 2010, 12:25PM

AP File PhotoAshton Leggett had four touchdowns for Michigan State against Western Michigan in November.Former Michigan State running back Ashton Leggett (Muskegon) pleaded guilty to two counts of assault and battery in exchange for an agreement by the Ingham County prosecutor's office to drop the more serious charge of conspiracy to commit assault and battery, the Lansing State Journal reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Transfers from FBS programs are what they say they are. It doesn't mean they are any better than a recruit who didn't sign with an FBS program. Building a team with players that wanted to be elsewhere isn't well-advised in my estimation. Perhaps Coach Spack will prove me wrong. I expect we'll take every team seriously next year just like we do every year.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in these dudes being so many stars as recruits. We have guys on our team that could be multiple star recruits but no one gives them a look being from tiny towns (Conrad Kjerstad comes to mind).

Also, we have a 3 star recruit on our roster right now. Kyle Sheehan was a 3 star recruit out of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
              I wouldn't get too wrapped up in these dudes being so many stars as recruits. We have guys on our team that could be multiple star recruits but no one gives them a look being from tiny towns (Conrad Kjerstad comes to mind).

Also, we have a 3 star recruit on our roster right now. Kyle Sheehan was a 3 star recruit out of high school.
              Exactly. Signed with Purdue and transferred to SDSU. Very solid player who has contributed to the team.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jacks were fortunate to win vs Redbirds last year. In large part due to them learning a new coach's ways, and we hit them early in season. Next year, Jacks will need to ready for an experienced team with a year with the coach's system under their belt.

MoValley succeeding in getting in two teams into the play-offs last year. All the teams being tough means a better chance in the play-offs.

Comment

Interesting. How, exactly, does a program recruit all those transfers? ISU is on the rise, no doubt.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I'm sure Coach Spack knew the players from recruiting them while he was at Purdue. So they either contacted him or he had heard they were unhappy with where they were.

Comment

In a search for Nikaro Golding it listed in a story line that he was dismissed from Purdue. couldnt find the story though.
                      Reading EMU blog it sounds like Marvon Sanders might have problems with his old coach at Eastern.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        I wouldn't call Ashton Leggett a three star recruit.

Report: http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....s_running.html

Former Spartans running back Ashton Leggett pleads guilty to assault

By Josh Slagter | The Grand Rapids Press

January 14, 2010, 12:25PM

AP File PhotoAshton Leggett had four touchdowns for Michigan State against Western Michigan in November.Former Michigan State running back Ashton Leggett (Muskegon) pleaded guilty to two counts of assault and battery in exchange for an agreement by the Ingham County prosecutor's office to drop the more serious charge of conspiracy to commit assault and battery, the Lansing State Journal reported.
                        Agree- is more like a 3 star thug

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          I'm sure Coach Spack knew the players from recruiting them while he was at Purdue. So they either contacted him or he had heard they were unhappy with where they were.
                          I think the NCAA requires that the coach cannot speak to a student athlete currently enrolled in a program unless that student first contacts the coach expressing interest. And, I am very confident that rule is followed to the T by each and every coach out there just like every other NCAA recruiting rule is followed.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                          X