AD Sell's Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Sell's Comments

A brief audio clip from Justin is being played on WNAX this morning. I'm not sure who he was speaking to but he made further reference to the improvements Coach Stig mentioned the other day. New grandstands, new student section, a section for the band, new press boxes and "suites". Many other improvements to the athletic facilities and overall campus infrastructure. He said IF the master plan comes to fruition SDSU will be the premier institution of its size in the entire Midwest. Ambitious to say the least. Exciting in my opinion.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: AD Sell's Comments

Sell is doing a lot of things I see as "fan-friendly." 2-for-1 tickets, Ticket Tuesdays, Family Fun Nights . . . even the new student ticket policy is IMHO an effort to make the athletic events more accessible to the general public. And that general public--the casual sports fan--is the group that you need to entice to SDSU athletic events in order to grow the fan base (and ultimately the donor base). (And yes, you need to keep the students happy too, because as alumni they're your primary donor group going forward, and you definitely don't want to alienate them--which turning students away at the door because there's no room for them in Frost would definitely do for instance . . . if the students think they're unhappy with the advance ticket policy, they need to think about how much more upset they would be if they couldn't get into the building at all . . .)

Major improvements to CAS are completely in line with fan-friendliness.

I like what Sell is doing up there in Brookings. I like it a lot.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The rumors I have heard around campus is that the new plan includes the new football stadium and completed Dykhouse phase II within five years and longer-term plans for basketball practice gyms and a volleyball gym filling up the parking lot north of the HPER Center.

Those are all obvious needs. And I'm glad to hear the short, five-year goal for the football stadium.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        The rumors I have heard around campus is that the new plan includes the new football stadium and completed Dykhouse phase II within five years and longer-term plans for basketball practice gyms and a volleyball gym filling up the parking lot north of the HPER Center.

Those are all obvious needs. And I'm glad to hear the short, five-year goal for the football stadium.
        In addition to these, which I have heard are all accurrate, is a possible remodel of the south side of Frost when the chairbacks go in on top. The remodel would include suites at the top-most level.

Fun to talk about and speculate but until the money is raised we are just talking.

Every little bit counts folks. If you are a frequent member of this board and are passionate about Jackrabbit athletics then get signed up for the Jackrabbit Club. You can do that here.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          In addition to these, which I have heard are all accurrate, is a possible remodel of the south side of Frost when the chairbacks go in on top. The remodel would include suites at the top-most level.

Fun to talk about and speculate but until the money is raised we are just talking.

Every little bit counts folks. If you are a frequent member of this board and are passionate about Jackrabbit athletics then get signed up for the Jackrabbit Club. You can do that here.
          Yup. One thing that "wish list" plans like these are intended to do is spark donors' imaginations.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Remodel of Frost is news to me, but I am glad its under consideration. I have often wondered how a project like this would happen. It seems like you have to take the roof off and add several bricks, but maybe not. Been a JC member for many years, but nothing wrong in reminding others who are not .

Comment

Working...
            X