Eric Mussleman on 99.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Mussleman on 99.1

Just listened to him. Good stuff. The former boy coach of the Thrillers is interesting to listen to. Said he's dying to get back into coaching. I wonder if guys like him might be happy running a program like Augie or DWU or Northern State for the next 15 years. And if not, why not? Said he thought about taking a coaching job in Russia.

I still remember the very first Skyforce game, sitting in the first row behind the Thrillers bench and riding Musselman (I was a young, dumb kid). He was still totally cool, even gave us an autograph after the game. I would run into him a few more times and he was always very gracious.

Re: Eric Mussleman on 99.1

My dad and I had "Nickelson" seats for the Thrillers for several years which put us right next to the team while Eric was coaching. One night serveral Thriller fans behind us started getting all over Musselman about how the game was going so Eric started yelling back at them telling them to shut up etc. The next day I sent him an email telling him that he needed to ignore those kinds of idiots and concentrate on coaching. To my surprise about 10 minutes later I got a call on the phone from him. He said I was probably right but that it was hard enough to deal with opposition fans on the road let alone hometown fans. He is an interesting passionate guy much like his father was.

Comment

Working...
    X