Herd bashes South Dakota...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herd bashes South Dakota...

Says a buddy of mine. Apparently was talking about the girl from Winner who was on American Idol last night. Said all SoDakotans were poor and trying to get out, just like all the Idol contestants.

Anyone hear it?

Re: Herd bashes South Dakota...

Colin Cowherd?

Herd as in The Stampede?

Herd as in the Bison?

Who's Herd?

I've never heard of Herd.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Herd with Collin Cowherd.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. That guy is a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          The Herd with Collin Cowherd.
          Gotcha...I was all confused, thought you were talking about an american idol judge named herd or something.

I don't listen to Colin Cowherd.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

He basically says one of the great things about American Idol is the desperation some of the contestants have, that this is their one ticket to create a new life for themselves. He talked about a girl from a very poor part of Georgia and also mentioned the girl from South Dakota and said she sounded great.

I don't think he said anything untruthful. There aren't many chances for a girl from small-town South Dakota to become a huge pop star and the fact remains that there are alot of poor people in South Dakota, especially in the area of the state where she is from.

I listen to Herd just about every day, and while he is very opinionated, I think he's got a pretty fair view on things, maybe not politically correct views, but accurate views nonetheless.

Comment

IMO, Collin Cowherd is the sports radio equivalent of Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Keith Olberman, and Glen Beck. He takes his view on any subject and takes it to the extreme end of the spectrum, which either turns people off or on. But people listen to just hear what he has to say.

I listen to the Herd about a couple times per week, and that is about all I can take.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                He basically says one of the great things about American Idol is the desperation some of the contestants have, that this is their one ticket to create a new life for themselves. He talked about a girl from a very poor part of Georgia and also mentioned the girl from South Dakota and said she sounded great
                If Colin Cowherd thinks that's something that poor rural kids have a monopoly on, he needs to spend more time looking at poor urban kids that view a basketball career as their only escape.....

And frankly, you can live your whole life in Winner, South Dakota without being seriously warped by the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  And frankly, you can live your whole life in Winner, South Dakota without being seriously warped by the experience.

This is one of the best sentences ever written on this board. Gilbert Arenas "made it," too, and look where he is today.

Comment

Thanks Nova, but my punctuation was off.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      This is one of the best sentences ever written on this board. Gilbert Arenas "made it," too, and look where he is today.
                      Winner, SD is home of Coach Frank Leahy..... the guy made college football what it is today.... don't go trashing Winner... I know the gals sister pretty well and I think it unfair to put her in the "white trash" category....

I went to a conference this past fall and I had an interesting conversation with a gal who was going to a catholic school and I was poking fun bout going to a catholic school and she made a really great comment and it was just because you go to a catholic school doesn't mean you are a bible freak, just because you come from a big city doesn't mean you are a thug, and just because you come from a small town doesn't mean you are a hick... sometimes people look at where they are from and make them out for who they are before meeting them.... I know some pretty "thuggish" people from Winner, SD... I know of some hicks from Denver, and so on.....
                      Last edited by joeboo22; 01-17-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        I was poking fun bout reading the bible
                        No offense, but, really?

That's pretty low rent, dude.

Comment

No offense, but, really?

That's pretty low rent, dude.
                          yeah i was afraid that came out wrong.... and I just changed it....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I was poking fun bout going to a catholic school .....
                            Why is this so funny?

Comment

I don't know 'bout that Zoo. I had college roomates that hailed from Winner. There was a serious portion of cowboy in their attitudes.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X