The Tyler and Rod Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tyler and Rod Show

Tyler M and Head X-C and T&F Coach Rod D have quite the comedy routine on the Jackrabbit Insider. Tonight Rod called Tyler by various first names and Tyler did a pretty good job not breaking out with laughter.

The track teams are doing a lot of strategic red-shirting for the up-coming indoor season but even so, they have some athletics you'll be reading about.

We need an indoor facility!

Re: The Tyler and Rod Show

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Tyler M and Head X-C and T&F Coach Rod D have quite the comedy routine on the Jackrabbit Insider. Tonight Rod called Tyler by various first names and Tyler did a pretty good job not breaking out with laughter.

The track teams are doing a lot of strategic red-shirting for the up-coming indoor season but even so, they have some athletics you'll be reading about.

We need an indoor facility!
    how bout an outdoor one?? Both are so sad!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      how bout an outdoor one?? Both are so sad!
      We will never have an outdoor track again. In D-I, the teams go to the big meets around the country in the spring. Very fell have home track meets. We had one this year (and Rod wants to continue it), but it was held at the Brookings new track complex, which is very nice, and that will suffice. What we really need is the indoor athletic facility, which would include a 300-meter indoor track (and could then host indoor meets), and practice facilities for football, soccer, track and field, baseball and softball (a MUST to help in recruiting for all those sports). Let's put our money on the indoor facility and hope it comes sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        We will never have an outdoor track again. In D-I, the teams go to the big meets around the country in the spring. Very fell have home track meets. We had one this year (and Rod wants to continue it), but it was held at the Brookings new track complex, which is very nice, and that will suffice. What we really need is the indoor athletic facility, which would include a 300-meter indoor track (and could then host indoor meets), and practice facilities for football, soccer, track and field, baseball and softball (a MUST to help in recruiting for all those sports). Let's put our money on the indoor facility and hope it comes sooner rather than later.
        Winner, winner chicken dinner. Someone please find 30 million dollars and build the thing.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Back to the discussion of the show. I actually thought that Dehaven came across as some one who was being forced to do an interview, who acted bored and was just a plane smartass. He didnt come across very well.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
            Back to the discussion of the show. I actually thought that Dehaven came across as some one who was being forced to do an interview, who acted bored and was just a plane smartass. He didnt come across very well.
            You obviously don't know Rod DeHaven very well than. TV has mentioned it numerous times, that Rod gives some of the best interviews of any of the coaches.

Comment

Is the show available online somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                You obviously don't know Rod DeHaven very well than. TV has mentioned it numerous times, that Rod gives some of the best interviews of any of the coaches.

I like Rod and find him very entertaining, but I would venture to guess that most of the viewers of the Jackrabbit Insider don't know Rod either and thought the same thing that HoboD did.

I don't think the Jackrabbit Insider TV show is the place to air a comedy routine between the two, let alone one that most people won't get or like. IMO, it lacked the professionalism that I would want to see on that show.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I thought it was a very entertaining show. How many shows are out there that you interview the coach and all you get is we did this and this and this and blah blah blah...at least there is some personality behind this one.

Comment

I didn't see it air live, but have seen their routine. It has roots in the Brookings radio Sportshow with Rod constantly cracking the boys up with his sense of humor. If you haven't seen him in action, he could do stand-up. Boys being boys~

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      We will never have an outdoor track again.
                      I believe you are right on here and if there was a move to rebuild, where would it be? With so many plans for the north end of the campus, SDSU might have start looking for open space somewhere by the White Exit. I do wonder if maybe the north end of campus has water table issues, and perhaps a large artifical lake might end being our answer. There is a large lake near the campus in Madison Wisconsin that seems to add to campus life, so I am serious in my suggestion. Whats on the drawing board currently is going to take a great deal of fill of some sort. Lets put this way I am not overly impressed about the drawing board plans, but I have been wrong many times before. I hope my skepticism is proven wrong. Some of the plans seem to run the wrong way in terms of town and gown relationship that has been in existence since day one. ie the planned convention center and competing with Swiftel on some events. An outdoor track might make more sense. One thing is certain and that is as long as Rod DeHaven is here we should have competitive programs both men and women.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 01-24-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        And 99.99% of the viewers of that show dont know him either, so maybe that isnt the place for him to tryout for Conan Obriens timeslot (which I believe is filled already). TV's interviews are irrelevant since he is not doing them on video tape. I have nothing but positives to say about the job he has done as a track coach, but he came across as a bored smart ass, Totally unlike Scott, AJ or Stig who come across in a very professional manner.

Comment

Working...
                        X