X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers??

Any absent faces after semester break?

Re: Transfers??

Won't know until classes start on Wednesday.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Right - I forgot how long break was. Thanks JJ.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
        Right - I forgot how long break was. Thanks JJ.
        I heard from some very solid sources that Mike Whittier (sp) is gone. To bad as I think he would have really been a great asset to the Jacks football program.

On that same note and the same source we had a JC (QB) in last week that will likely sign with the Jacks. From Calif during the 20+ below weather and still liked what he saw? That's good.

What? Feb 3rd signing day?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          I heard from some very solid sources that Mike Whittier (sp) is gone. To bad as I think he would have really been a great asset to the Jacks football program.

On that same note and the same source we had a JC (QB) in last week that will likely sign with the Jacks. From Calif during the 20+ below weather and still liked what he saw? That's good.

What? Feb 3rd signing day?

GBGBGJ
          Over coffee I heard about one of our California vistors coming unprepared for the subzero weather. Its wierd but I hope NCAA rules allow some one to lend him a warm coat so he does not suffer frost bite going across campus. Buying him one I know is an abolute no-no but a borrowing one under these circumstances should be allowable. Maybe we need to warn the recruits in advance about our Januarys which will be the same as f@rting in a space suit.

Comment

I don't believe there is a common sense clause in the NCAA recruiting bylaws.

Comment

Maybe not a transfer but Jared Crumly has decided to leave the team to continue with his Pharmacy degree. This is one of the most challenging majors at SDSU and I wish him best of luck in his pursuit.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I hope the new facility that will soon be available for Pharmacy will permit some choices on labs so that the students at least have the opportunity to participate in athletics. Ideally, any major should be available for students who wish to participate in athletics. As a practical matter, some majors just do not fit with athletics.

Comment

Well so far we've heard about losing Whittier, Mondol, Woods, & Crumly.... Haven't heard anything about Brandon Gant so hopefully he will stay. He will have a great opportunity next season at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    I hope the new facility that will soon be available for Pharmacy will permit some choices on labs so that the students at least have the opportunity to participate in athletics. Ideally, any major should be available for students who wish to participate in athletics. As a practical matter, some majors just do not fit with athletics.
                    Any major can and does work with SDSU athletics. Check out the current rosters of all the SDSU teams. You will find a number of Pharmacy, Nursing, Pre-Med, Bio, Chem and Engineering majors. Those majors don't fit the best but they can fit if the student-athlete is much more disciplined than your average college student. Have we lost kids to our higher profile majors? No doubt. But it can be done and we have plenty of student-athletes proving that as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Maybe not a transfer but Jared Crumly has decided to leave the team to continue with his Pharmacy degree. This is one of the most challenging majors at SDSU and I wish him best of luck in his pursuit.
                      Best of luck to Jared. I know several people in the pharmacy program and I couldn't imagine doing football and a major like that.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        I know Jared's parents well. Great people and I hope they remain Jackrabbit football fans. Having 2 sons that played for Stig during this transition will leave an impression on them and I think a very positive one. Best of luck to Jared. His father is a darn good pharmacist and I'm expecting he will succeed as well.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X