Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWWA vs. USD

Funny story, to good not to share.

Apparantly, some time ago, and forgive me if this is old news, the City of Vermillion decided they needed to get up to snuff and repaint all the city fire hydrants.

Here's where it gets hilarious...Using current American Water Works Association (AWWA) standards, the city repainted all the fire hydrants yellow and blue.

USD, being USD, went to the city, in full panic mode, wondering why they repainted all the fire hydrants SDSU colors. The city then explained it had nothing to do with SDSU, but current AWWA standards dictate the fire hydrants be painted that way.

Again, forgive me if this is old news, but I just heard about this today.

On a side note, I'm working on a map right now for the city of Vermillion that dictates the color scheme contain "no yellow and blue".

Funny stuff.

*edit - changed "no yellow or blue" to "no yellow and blue"*
    Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 01-07-2010, 03:30 PM.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: AWWA vs. USD

This is just pathetic.

On the other hand, I personally have very, very little red in my wardrobe . . . orange, yes, red, no.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      This is just pathetic.

On the other hand, I personally have very, very little red in my wardrobe . . . orange, yes, red, no.
      I have one flannel shirt with a little red in it, otherwise I have not worn red since 1991. I was even to the point that if my wife ever picked up a package of FTL's with a red pair included I would either return them or throw out the offending color.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Anything red represents my high school colors.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Anything red represents my high school colors.
          I live in Yankton. I cheer for the Bucks and Gazelles. I own nothing that is primarily red. Black and white with perhaps a bit of red but nothing, not a hat, shirt, coat, sweatshirt, etc.. that is primarily red. I won't do it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Funny story, to good not to share.

Apparantly, some time ago, and forgive me if this is old news, the City of Vermillion decided they needed to get up to snuff and repaint all the city fire hydrants.

Here's where it gets hilarious...Using current American Water Works Association (AWWA) standards, the city repainted all the fire hydrants yellow and blue.

USD, being USD, went to the city, in full panic mode, wondering why they repainted all the fire hydrants SDSU colors. The city then explained it had nothing to do with SDSU, but current AWWA standards dictate the fire hydrants be painted that way.

Again, forgive me if this is old news, but I just heard about this today.

On a side note, I'm working on a map right now for the city of Vermillion that dictates the color scheme contain "no yellow or blue".

Funny stuff.
            They must really hate it when there is a blue sky in the summer with that yellow sun. Perhaps they have already sent a letter to NASA asking if they can deploy some type of filter.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wow. Chalk this up as amusing evidence of the USD obsession with SDSU. I'm guessing that Brookings doesn't ban the color red from its city maps. I hope not anyway. That would be goofy public policy. Fans can wear (or not wear) whatever they want, but city governments should be above the silliness of color bans.
              This space for lease.

Comment

I got a faded red Nebraska pull over in my closet used sometimes in early spring for walking.

Comment

Part of me says what, there are no dogs in Vermillion?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I live in Yankton. I cheer for the Bucks and Gazelles. I own nothing that is primarily red. Black and white with perhaps a bit of red but nothing, not a hat, shirt, coat, sweatshirt, etc.. that is primarily red. I won't do it.
                    I'm with Doc here. I support Yankton and wear black usually. My red collection is pretty thin. One golf shirt and wind jacket. Both I won at golf tournaments.

Comment

There is a much bigger obsession of USD right now by SDSU fans than anything. USD is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to SDSU and the Jackrabbit fans know it.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        There is a much bigger obsession of USD right now by SDSU fans than anything. USD is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to SDSU and the Jackrabbit fans know it.

I would agree. But thanks to modern medicine a dose of penicillin should take care of a majority of those threats.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Our spies have infiltrated your city offices and painted your fire hydrants colors of the infidel.

Who's the bigger threat now.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yeah, that is why we are all over there posting on your fan site...I'm obsessed, I'm obsessed...maybe your posessed because you still believe u-period is that much of a threat...

Comment

I also have it on good authority that our spies have infiltrated your wastewater facilties and soon your tap water will be tainted with yellow and blue dye.

Comment

Working...
                              X