WIU is a Joke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU is a Joke...

MACOMB, Ill. (WGEM) -- For all Western Illinois University ex-football coach Don Patterson accomplished during his decade-long tenure at WIU, Patterson says it was swiftly wiped away following a late September meeting with Tim VanAlstine, WIU athletic director, and Garry Johnson, WIU vice-president for student services.

A few hours after that meeting, a press release was issued claiming Patterson, who was diagnosed in September 2008 with tonsillar cancer, had stepped down for health reasons. (See 'Don Patterson steps down as WIU football coach') The release included quotes from Patterson which his agent, Barry Nadler, said was complete fabrication. (See 'Sources: WIU's Patterson did not voluntarily step down')

"When the university President was informed that false information was released to the public, nothing happened," Nadler said. "There was no consequences to the athletic director that we know about, and the fraud upon the public was just continued."

Three months later, Patterson's representatives are not sitting back and waiting for the next move. Monday, they filed an administrative notice with Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office in a preemptive move to begin a lawsuit against Western Illinois University.

Patterson's lead attorney, Frank Harty told WGEM Sports they plan to file a motion with Western Illinois University in the coming days in an attempt to reinstate Patterson as head coach.

Link to the rest of the article... http://www.wgem.com/Global/story.asp?S=11767809

Re: WIU is a Joke...

Sounds like somebody is going to get paid...

Good luck finding a new head coach with this hanging out there.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I thought it was a bit odd that he wasn't back coaching in some capacity after being given a clean bill of health. I assumed he was still receiving treatment (chemo or radiation or both) and that he wasn't capable of performing the duties expected in his position. Sounds like he was done some degree of injustice. Let the lawyers sort it out.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There were rumblings when he left.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          There were rumblings when he left.
          Yeah. Got to give the team some credit for finishing the season up before speaking out about it. And for speaking out about it. On the record.

Comment

Working...
          X