This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU Crybabies

After nearly going 0-2 in the Dakotas, ORUsports.com is doing their best impression of Bison football fans, mainly complaining about officials taking away the games. What a bunch of crybabies.

And they aren't afraid to imply we, our school, officials, etc are racist. Stay classy ORU.

I think the Dakota trip is going to be one every team in the conference dreads for years to come. Might want to get used to it fellas.

PS--Try to bring more than 20 fans to the Summit League tournament this spring. After getting beat by us and almost NDSU, I put your chances of winning the tournament at 1%. IF you make it.

PPS--Welcome to the new Summit League. Expect to be challenged and beaten regularly. No more walking through the conference and tournament. Best of luck.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: ORU Crybabies

PPPS congrats on getting the PPS vs. PSS thing right!

Comment

Of course, these extreme comments were not generally acknowledged....

BTW: I love people that think cold weather is a major issue when it comes to recruiting...... As though nobody from the northern plains can play basketball and all SDSU's talent comes from Florida or something.

BTW II: I always get a kick out of 'black people are more athletic than white people' style racism.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        After nearly going 0-2 in the Dakotas, ORUsports.com is doing their best impression of Bison football fans, mainly complaining about officials taking away the games. What a bunch of crybabies.

Link?

Comment

NoVaJack, here you go...

http://forum.orusports.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7264

It is a joke, ORU shot 33 free throws, we shot 20, but the refs had it in for them.

Their team just doesn't shoot that well and they make some careless mistakes, sure they are athletic but being athletic isn't everything in the game of basketball.

Comment

I went to ORUSports.com and wasn't very offended -- just a few made comments that were offensive but it's their board and we won so it goes with the territory. Several posters recognized that getting two wins on the trip to the Dakotas will always be tough.

I note that Lakesbison made his appearance on the ORU board as he customarily does on opponent boards prior to and after SDSU games. (How about this for a New Year's resolution, one that is easily kept: Ignore Lakes and resist the urge to make a response when he posts on opponent fan boards. The few opponents who comment demonstrate they readily recognize Lakes has a mental ailment. It's more bothersome to the opponent fan board posters when Lakes draws someone into exchanging insults with him. He's not worth the time.)

Comment

FargoBison:

I haven't looked at your final game stats but during the game it seemed Tviedt was not up to his usual game. Did he have an off night? It seems he's one of the main keys to success for the Bison this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                NoVaJack, here you go...

It is a joke, ORU shot 33 free throws, we shot 20, but the refs had it in for them.

Their team just doesn't shoot that well and they make some careless mistakes, sure they are athletic but being athletic isn't everything in the game of basketball.
                After seeing that crap now I REALLY wish the Bison would have beaten them. They tried to give it away in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  FargoBison:

I haven't looked at your final game stats but during the game it seemed Tviedt was not up to his usual game. Did he have an off night? It seems he's one of the main keys to success for the Bison this year.
                  He wasn't on tonight, he made a few nice shots down the stretch but he got in early foul trouble and never really could get into a groove.

Nobody really shot the ball well for either team, it was a defensive battle. We had what was probably our best defensive effort of the season. Just couldn't get that big shot fall though, Tveidt had a nice look at layup to tie it with just seconds left.

Comment

NoVaJack, here you go...

It's also funny how the guy assumes NDSU & SDSU are only as good as their hometown refs......

Of course SDSU dang near won and NDSU beat ORU at the Mabee Center last spring.

But that's not the point.

The point is that people look different in different places, and a couple ORU fans just aren't comfortable with that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      After seeing that crap now I REALLY wish the Bison would have beaten them. They tried to give it away in the end.
                      A Bison win would have been nice. I want the teams in the Summit League to be very concerned when they come up North. The Bison didn't need to lose Flowers this week...a loss of a player like that messes up the plans for a while. (Cue the 'been there, done that' comment.)

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        It's also funny how the guy assumes NDSU & SDSU are only as good as their hometown refs......

The point is that people look different in different places, and a couple ORU fans just aren't comfortable with that.
                        Yeah, but it is frustrating to read that crap.

I think part of it is that we are starting to rise up and compete at a high level in the league, maybe some are a bit uneasy about that. Of course I am only speaking of a minority, most of their fans are pretty classy and levelheaded.

Comment

I think part of it is that we are starting to rise up and compete at a high level in the league
                          Indeed....

Of course, part of it may also be that the people most offended by the xDSU's success are the people who at one time were the loudest in dismissing the programs.

Comment

They ought to know better the Xdsu's about the refs. The Summit League assigns the referees in most sports. Most of them are not even close to being local.

Comment

Indeed....

Of course, part of it may also be that the people most offended by the xDSU's success are the people who at one time were the loudest in dismissing the programs.
                              This.

Initial reaction in the MVFC was pretty much identical until we started smacking the top tier teams in the mouth.

I think ORU fans will soon learn to appreciate what it means to be in a competitive conference again. SDSU, NDSU, USD, Oakland, IP schools, this conference should be a battle year in year out.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X