Good, Bad and Ugly in '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good, Bad and Ugly in '09

All sports. Nominations for best, worst and ugliest moments of 2009 (I'm purposely leaving most great Jackrabbit moments of '09 to others who might have seen them in person).... Not talking games here as much as moments... all sports, all levels...

Great: Sitting amongst Bison fans while Jackrabbit FB team beat NDSU like a drum.
    Ugly: Watching Tiger Woods' salacious personal life unfold in real time.
    Bad: Watching online reports of Jacks not quite getting it done against Golden Gophers.
    Great: Watching an 18-year-old I've known since he was in Little League (and on his way to University of Virginia) pitch a two-hit shutout in a big rival game. Pure grit and athletcisism.

Re: Good, Bad and Ugly in '09

GOOD- leaving the sf arena after beating oral roberts in the summit tourney. someone started the chant "lets go rabbits" on the east side concession area, and it was loud, as we left the arena

BAD- blowing the big lead at montana

UGLY-baylor coach kim mulkey. her tantrums that led to , way too many fouls, being called on the jack women.

Comment

I'll try not to kill this thread on the third post. Here goes:

Good - college football season in general. I love college football and this year's FBS debacle with all of the unbeatens makes it that much better. And the Capital One Bowl week is the equivalent of the opening weekend of the Men's NCAA BB tourney for me.
      Bad - Tiger Woods - what a d-bag
      Ugly - For me, living in the Twin Cities and not being a Vikings fan it had to be the Brett Favre saga. Hate every minute of it and hope they choke in the playoffs just so I don't have to listen to what a savior he is for the franchise.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Good - What Catchem said
        Bad - watching the second half of Montana game. I felt sick for those kids and coaches. I just kept waiting for someone to make the play that sealed it.
        Ugly - Tiger Woods, what is it about famous people that makes them believe that people don't keep messages or take pictures from cell phones. and yeah, what Catchem said.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

GOOD: Being a Jacks fan
          BAD: Being a Bison fan
          UGLY: Being a Coyote fan
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Not a smack . . . aw, screw it.

Happy New Year.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              GOOD: Being a Jacks fan
              BAD: Being a Bison fan
              UGLY: Being a Coyote fan

Kazing!!!!!!!!!!! J1 Pattonkerblastificated this one...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Not a smack . . . aw, screw it.

Happy New Year.
                Is it really smack if it's all true?

Comment

Working...
                X