Tiger Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods has petitioned to have his named changed. He wants to keep the animal theme and change it to Lion Cheetah Woods.
    Last edited by 1bunnies; 12-15-2009, 07:35 AM.

Re: Tiger Woods

Good one. It's unbelievable that one of the most famous people in the world would think he could get away with those kinds of things. You'd think that having children would make him think about someone other than himself. But then again, athletes like Tiger are used to doing exactly what they want and using their entourage and money to clean up after themselves. Nobody ever tells them "no" or suggests they are doing something wrong. What a jerk.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm convinced Tiger Woods hasn't had a conversation about anything other than Tiger Woods for as long as he can remember. Practically every person he meets wants to know more about him. What did you eat for breakfast Tiger? What's your favorite beer Tiger? Blah, blah, blah.

So, it's not surprising that he doesn't think of anybody other than himself. Oh, by the way, I don't watch golf unless he's playing. So this is all a bit of a conundrum for me.

Comment

On watching golf (with or without Tiger)...what's that famous one liner?

Oh yeah.

I'd rather watch paint dry.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
          I'm convinced Tiger Woods hasn't had a conversation about anything other than Tiger Woods for as long as he can remember. Practically every person he meets wants to know more about him. What did you eat for breakfast Tiger? What's your favorite beer Tiger? Blah, blah, blah.

So, it's not surprising that he doesn't think of anybody other than himself. Oh, by the way, I don't watch golf unless he's playing. So this is all a bit of a conundrum for me.
          His voicemail begging his mistress to change her voicemail greeting certainly suggests that he's spent a life having other people put our his fires.

Comment

http://merecomments.typepad.com/mere...l-of-dust.html

Comment

91Rabbit: thanks for the link to a good essay (I guess they're called blogs now). The writer compares and contrasts Tiger to a few other famous athletes while contemplating the question: What's missing in Tiger's life? Here's part of the essay for those who have not checked the link:

Tiger is a man who was brought up with one goal in mind: to play golf. There's what I'd call an eerie tape of him as a very little boy, sinking puts on the set of the old Mike Douglas Show. I don't know what kind of childhood he had, but from the time of his first brilliant appearance on the PGA tour, he has never altered in his intense and single-minded pursuit of victory. Like many other golfers, Tiger is a loner; he does not make friends easily, and he seldom seems relaxed in company. He is not a drinker and carouser along with the other boys, as Mickey Mantle was; or a child at heart, who could join in a good game of stickball, as Willie Mays was. He is not, apparently, one of those loners who takes refuge in a close family, as Ben Hogan did, and as, from what I have heard, Vijay Singh does. He is instead a loner who is still searching for something, anything, to give his life a little spark, to provide meaning in a vast wasteland of victories.

I remember seeing replays of the tape of the little kid Tiger Woods putting as noted above; and, I remember thinking there was something odd about that picture.

I'm not a golfer (defined: average less than four rounds a summer) but I'm one of those who became more interested in watching in the era of Tiger Woods. I attended the Saturday session of the PGA Tourney in the Twin Cities this summer -- stood about 20 feet from Tiger when he tee'd off on hole #4. I can attest from my personal knowledge that he was only hitting on a golf ball at the time.

Comment

Mods feel free to delete or what, but its a fairly crude joke I just have to share.

Whats the difference between Santa and Tiger Woods?

Santa Stops after 3 Ho's.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

"Tiger is a man who was brought up with one goal in mind: to play golf. There's what I'd call an eerie tape of him as a very little boy, sinking puts on the set of the old Mike Douglas Show. I don't know what kind of childhood he had, but from the time of his first brilliant appearance on the PGA tour, he has never altered in his intense and single-minded pursuit of victory. Like many other golfers, Tiger is a loner; he does not make friends easily, and he seldom seems relaxed in company. He is not a drinker and carouser along with the other boys, as Mickey Mantle was; or a child at heart, who could join in a good game of stickball, as Willie Mays was. He is not, apparently, one of those loners who takes refuge in a close family, as Ben Hogan did, and as, from what I have heard, Vijay Singh does. He is instead a loner who is still searching for something, anything, to give his life a little spark, to provide meaning in a vast wasteland of victories."

Was he wearing a giant wig ala Andre Agassi, cuz I swear I'm having deja vu of that sob story reading that.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Was he wearing a giant wig ala Andre Agassi, cuz I swear I'm having deja vu of that sob story reading that.
                    Agassi's story is a hard one for me to buy, but then again he was really relevant in any way to my daily life.

I haven't lost respect for Tiger's golf game. He is the greatest golfer to walk the face of the earth. I never held him in esteem outside of that so the details that have become so public regarding his personal life don't affect me. I find it entertaining and nothing more. Is it tragic? Heck no. Michael Jordan behaved in a very similar fashion off the basketball court, somehow he was able to keep that under tabs. Good for him? Again, I don't care, I loved watching that guy on the court.

Celebrities are celebrated for the things they can do that we as average people cannot. As a consequence they are often vindicated and harshly criticized for poor behavior to a greater degree than the average person.

I hope Tiger and his wife can split amicably, that the children will be raised with their best interest in mind, and that Tiger gets back on the golf course soon, if that is what he wants to do.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Agassi's story is a hard one for me to buy, but then again he was really relevant in any way to my daily life.

I haven't lost respect for Tiger's golf game. He is the greatest golfer to walk the face of the earth. I never held him in esteem outside of that so the details that have become so public regarding his personal life don't affect me. I find it entertaining and nothing more. Is it tragic? Heck no. Michael Jordan behaved in a very similar fashion off the basketball court, somehow he was able to keep that under tabs. Good for him? Again, I don't care, I loved watching that guy on the court.

Celebrities are celebrated for the things they can do that we as average people cannot. As a consequence they are often vindicated and harshly criticized for poor behavior to a greater degree than the average person.

I hope Tiger and his wife can split amicably, that the children will be raised with their best interest in mind, and that Tiger gets back on the golf course soon, if that is what he wants to do.
                      I agree with all you said. Here is my breakdown of the situation as I have interpreted the facts, and yes all of the rumors because who knows what is really true and what is made up.

Tiger Woods the husband and father = scumbag.

Tiger Woods the golfer = amazing. Love to watch.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                      X