Debunking the "poor facilities" talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debunking the "poor facilities" talk

Other teams like to point out that SDSTATE doesn't have good football facilities for incoming recruits. (cough..NSDU..cough) I really don't think next years SDSTATE facilities are as bad as people try to make them out to be.

Non Football Facilities

The Dorms - SDSU has 3 new dormitories opening in 2010 and also has Caldwell which is only a few years old and offers students apartment style dorms.

The Food - SDSU's student union with dining is only 5 years old.

Wellness Center - For players looking to shoot some hoop or get in some rock climbing. Building is less than 5 years old.

Football Facilities

Locker Rooms - Brand new in the Dykhouse Center

Film Study Rooms - Brand new in the Dykhouse Center

Weight Room - Brand new in the Dykhouse Center

Football Facility - Outdoors, where football is meant to be played. This isn't arena football.

Video Scoreboard - As good, if not better, than any scoreboard in the FCS

Stands - Old and below average, but they are in the process of being replaced. This is biggest eyesore for people so it's why they assume SDSU has bad facilities. (also, football recruits will never be sitting in the stands, only us fans)

Field - Not as bad as people make it out to be. I'd say in the 5 home games SDSU hosts, the natural grass field is great for 3/4 of them. Also a study is in place and this might be getting replaced by field turf in the next 5 years.

Please feel free to add to the list or correct some of it. I'm sure this thread might end up moving to the smack section but I figured I'd start it here.

Re: Debunking the "poor facilities" talk

Seriously, these are not nice "facilities"...

Comment

Its in an outside tailgating area and is an ingenious set up. Who likes waiting in line to go to the bathroom in a porta potty where one will undoubtedly be exposed to severe stenches and will be unable to touch anything within said porta potty, raise your hand. Exactly. I think the bathroom tent was a brilliant idea and the person responsible should be commended.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

If you guys put in some new stands and throw a little field turf down you would sitting pretty good, probably better than most in the MVFC and the FCS.

Comment

The Student Union is being expanded again, right now. More dining.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The only real deficient area in our football facilities in regards to recruiting is the our stands/bleachers, and that is due to them being more of an eye soar rather than affecting the recruit directly. Visitors can complain about the tailgating area and the walk from the visitor's locker room, but the fact is recruits could really care less about that, as they won't be using either.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              The only real deficient area in our football facilities in regards to recruiting is the our stands/bleachers, and that is due to them being more of an eye soar rather than affecting the recruit directly. Visitors can complain about the tailgating area and the walk from the visitor's locker room, but the fact is recruits could really care less about that, as they won't be using either.
              I think the visiting team will be taking our old home locker room on the south end of the field so no more long walk to the field for the visitors.

Comment

I don't think there's any serious argument that the CAS fan experience and the press box could stand some fairly significant upgrading.

But I think it's also a good point that from a player's point of view, that the Dykhouse Center goes a long way towards putting SDSU solidly on the map for recruits as a place that's serious about competing at the FCS level.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                  I think the visiting team will be taking our old home locker room on the south end of the field so no more long walk to the field for the visitors.

I'm not sure where it was stated, but I remember hearing that the visiting teams will still be using the HPER for their locker room and the current home locker room will be used for other things.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    Other teams like to point out that SDSTATE doesn't have good football facilities for incoming recruits. (cough..NSDU..cough) I really don't think next years SDSTATE facilities are as bad as people try to make them out to be.

Non Football Facilities

The Dorms - SDSU has 3 new dormitories opening in 2010 and also has Caldwell which is only a few years old and offers students apartment style dorms.

The Food - SDSU's student union with dining is only 5 years old.

Wellness Center - For players looking to shoot some hoop or get in some rock climbing. Building is less than 5 years old.

Football Facilities

Locker Rooms - Brand new in the Dykhouse Center

Film Study Rooms - Brand new in the Dykhouse Center

Weight Room - Brand new in the Dykhouse Center

Football Facility - Outdoors, where football is meant to be played. This isn't arena football.

Video Scoreboard - As good, if not better, than any scoreboard in the FCS

Stands - Old and below average, but they are in the process of being replaced. This is biggest eyesore for people so it's why they assume SDSU has bad facilities. (also, football recruits will never be sitting in the stands, only us fans)

Field - Not as bad as people make it out to be. I'd say in the 5 home games SDSU hosts, the natural grass field is great for 3/4 of them. Also a study is in place and this might be getting replaced by field turf in the next 5 years.

Please feel free to add to the list or correct some of it. I'm sure this thread might end up moving to the smack section but I figured I'd start it here.
                    We should be proud of how far we have come in a short period of time, but also cognizant of how much more needs to be done in the coming years. Football is now a relevent part of the SDSU experience and there is no turning back.

Comment

Working...
                    X