BBQ Shack-Brookings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Shack-Brookings

I think someone might have mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again, and it deserves it's own thread. The Backyard BBQ that used be out by Runnings has a permanent home in the old Zesto's. Now they can be open all year long. I would highly recommend it for anyone on there way into town for a Jackrabbit game. The pulled pork sandwich is my favorite. They also have beef brisket and ribs. The sides include potato salad, beans, corn bread and chips. I usually get beans and potato salad and then mix them together on each bite...delicious!!! Prices are reasonable, with combos from 6 to 9 dollars.

No beers, but the meals are ready to serve when you get there. You can easily have lunch or dinner in fiteen minutes if you are in a hurry.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: BBQ Shack-Brookings

I've been going to the BBQ shack since it opened and the beef brisket is AMAZING! And I usually go with the baked beans and corn bread for sides.

Stop by and try out some great local food, and you can have a nice chat with the owner.

I told TV to stop by the shack a few weeks ago in one of his live chats, but I'm not sure if he did...

I'll have to ask him...

Comment

I was sad to see Zestos move. Seems after you graduate everything it town changes or moves. Anyway back to the title. Glad to see, BBQ is great and this location makes it unique and close enough to campus. Hope its stays around for awhile. Might have to try it to see if i add it to my regular eating rotation when in brookings. It goes between Zestos, Nicks, The Ram, Pheasant Lounge. Dang, gettin close to lunch and i want a bbq pork sandwich now.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The BBQ Shack serves awesome food. My son and I went there for Sunday noon lunch and we both had the brisket sandwich with two sides and a drink for $7 each.. He had gourmet chips and cornbread and I had baked beans and cole slaw. Incredible - definitely two thumbs up - nothing like it in town. Sunday night they served prime rib sandwiches and ribs. My son wanted to go back....

Comment

I love BBQ after living in the KC area. I can't get enough of it. I know exactly where I will be stopping the next time I am in town.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I love BBQ after living in the KC area. I can't get enough of it. I know exactly where I will be stopping the next time I am in town.
            It is a must. It is unarguably the best bang for your buck in Brookings. I love the place!

Comment

I made my first visit there today. The Brisket sandwich is unbelievable! I wish Dr. Wolf was still in the Meat Department at SDSU. He would love the place.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Lip Smackin' GOOD!

Comment

Working...
                X