• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Breske resigns from NDSU

Breaking news:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/262251/

Re: Mike Breske resigns from NDSU

The guy only got one year. That program is a mess.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

A UNC Fan posted over on Bisonville a few months back that there was talk in Greely of getting Joe Glenn and Breske back as coaches. UNC went 3-8 also and I went looking at the Offical site of UNC and found no changes to date, but I suspect they might be making a coaching change at UNC soon. If there is any substance here, this resignation might not have been forced, but Mr. Breske choice. Waiting for shoes to drop.

As a side note, the men's bb at a UNC is off to a good start 8-1 so far including wins over Hiawii, Colorado State, and Montana. Coach Boyle is a Greeley native that played for Larry Brown. Boyle was an assistant at Witcha State before coming to UNC. Though the football is not going well, the Men's BB is off to a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
        I heard that UNC just resigned there coach for 1 more year.... I'll try to find a link
        That is correct. I found that at Coach Rumor.com or something like that Link:
        http://www.footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

So my theory is out the door. Breske may have been forced out, who knows. NDSU has a new president who was a football player for the Bison in 1969. Hansen I believe is his name. I not sure if he is an interim or been offically selected, but I suspect his outlook for the program gives Bohl reason for concern and job security..

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          That is correct. I found that at Coach Rumor.com or something like that Link:
          http://www.footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

So my theory is out the door. Breske may have been forced out, who knows. NDSU has a new president who was a football player for the Bison in 1969. Hansen I believe is his name. I not sure if he is an interim or been offically selected, but I suspect his outlook for the program gives Bohl reason for concern and job security..

just Interim, National search and committee are looking for the replacement now, not saying the current Interim will/or will not apply. And yes Bohl has next year to right the ship or he will be gone.
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            just Interim, National search and committee are looking for the replacement now, not saying the current Interim will/or will not apply. And yes Bohl has next year to right the ship or he will be gone.
            Thanks. Hansen was on the Joel Heitkamp show one morning and only caught part of it and there was no mention of interim, but I suspected he was just an interim, as ordinarily, these jobs are filled by a thorough search and by a committee.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              I don't think he will apply. The times I've heard/read him in the press, it's always sounded to me like he only plans to stay until summer. In fact, I think the SBoHE chose him in part because of that. I don't think they wanted the interm president to be one of the applicants. I also think it's why Craig Schnell(provost) did not get serious consideration for the position even though the faculty and deans came out in support of him. Of course, the SBoHE also wanted an outsider for political reasons, so it's hard to say what was the deciding factor.

Whatever the case, don't expect Hanson to make any big decisions in his 8 or so months in the job. He has two purposes: 1. keep things stable and the faculty happy, and 2. repair relationships in Bismarck. I knew the last interm president at NDSU, and the job description is pretty clear.

Comment

Forum article has Bohl indicating Breske not forced out, linebackers coach going to Akron

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  Forum article has Bohl indicating Breske not forced out, linebackers coach going to Akron
                  There you go. Networking seems to be a big part of coaching progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X