Luke Meadows / Northern State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Meadows / Northern State

From the American News Web site, Luke Meadows is a finalist for the head coaching job at Northern State: http://is.gd/5gh6Y
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: Luke Meadows / Northern State

Would be a great hire for Northern. Luke has been the recruiting coordinator and has recruited South Dakota for the past few years. Those contacts would be very important for Northern.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

I wish Coach Meadows well with the job if he gets it, but I personally hope he stays at SDSU.

Comment

Coach Meadows has done a great job and he should get a lot of credit for this program being on the upswing. It would be unfortunate to lose him.

Coaches moving on to bigger and better things also helps attract quality people to take those positions. Having a coach like Stig at the helm is also a good sign for prospective coaches looking for new opportunities. Stig is loyal to his staff and that means a lot to the coaches underneath him.

Being able to properly pay our coaches and have a full compliment of assistants needs to be a priority for SDSU. The money has to be there first. Would Meadows stay if he was paid better and had more help from additional assistants? The opportunity to simply be the head coach may be something to good to resist. You can't begrudge a guy taking a shot at his dream.

I wish Coach Meadows all the best in the future. It would be different not seeing that bright yellow cap on the sidelines.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          Coach Meadows has done a great job and he should get a lot of credit for this program being on the upswing. It would be unfortunate to lose him.

Coaches moving on to bigger and better things also helps attract quality people to take those positions. Having a coach like Stig at the helm is also a good sign for prospective coaches looking for new opportunities. Stig is loyal to his staff and that means a lot to the coaches underneath him.

Being able to properly pay our coaches and have a full compliment of assistants needs to be a priority for SDSU. The money has to be there first. Would Meadows stay if he was paid better and had more help from additional assistants? The opportunity to simply be the head coach may be something to good to resist. You can't begrudge a guy taking a shot at his dream.

I wish Coach Meadows all the best in the future. It would be different not seeing that bright yellow cap on the sidelines.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          I'm not positive so if I'm wrong don't attack me but I don't know if there is a huge difference between pay as a head coach at Northern and an assistant at SDSU.... My guess would be that he probably wants to be a head coach, almost every assistant coach wants to be a head coach at some time in there life.....

(I'll try to find the pay)

Comment

Thought I saw on the State open records site once that Coach Meadows was bringing home a whopping $46K as an assistant at SDSU (and they say only teachers do what they do for the love of it). If I had to guess I would bet the head coach at Northern is likely to draw in the $60-$70K range.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
              Thought I saw on the State open records site once that Coach Meadows was bringing home a whopping $46K as an assistant at SDSU (and they say only teachers do what they do for the love of it). If I had to guess I would bet the head coach at Northern is likely to draw in the $60-$70K range.
              I think 60-70 might be a little high.... I know Black Hills state coaches only make in the low 40's and when I looked at the open records last I thought they were pretty similar....

I was thinking more like 55 tops though that is a guess....

also I think the 46K was 2 years ago (though they didn't get a raise last year) I was wondering if he may of got one because he became the assistant head coach and offensive coordinator?

Comment

Luke Meadows 49,844 anually

still looking for Northern job

couldn't find there previous coach they must take that off right away.... Don Meyer there basketball coach makes a slight amount over 72,000 but he has been there for awhile.....

Comment

Former Northern head coach, Chris Boden, made $68,900.

http://open.sd.gov
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Chris Boden, the outgoing coach, is/was making $66,422 a couple of year back, records show.

EDIT: Oops, JimmyJack beat me to the punch with better info.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I feel a little selfish being an SDSU guy but it would be a great oppertunity for him for sure. I would like him to stay because i think he has been a big part of what SDSU done the last few years. With him leaving it could hurt sdsu in a way from his contacts as recruiter. On the flip side, we could bring in another very able coach with other recruiting contacts possibly. i want him to do good, just dont want it to hurt SDSU. Usually lossing a coach can be good or bad. either you get a good one who continues developing a program, or one who is not as good as the one who left and the program does not keep advancing. I figure either way SDSU is on the rise. I hope he does whats best for him. I assumed if he stayed long term he would be a shoe in for Stigs job when he would decide to retire but maybe not.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wish the best for Luke. I have know him personally for the last four years and have golfed with him at the Yankton golf day. He is a great guy and I knew this day would come. Hope he stays, but can't blame him for moving up. He is a great guy and has a personality to move up. Whatever happens, if stays or if he goes, best to him...Good assistants get good jobs. SDSU daughter #1 will be crushed if he goes. He always gives her the business when they see each other.

Comment

nevermind.... I just figured a program that hasn't done much would be making less than that....

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            It would be a travesty to lose Coach Meadows.. Pay the guy what he deserves.. First Coach Bailey, now Coach Meadows... Who's next?? Going to Northern would not be considered a dream job.. A step down in my opinion

Comment

Even with better pay, does not mean coaches would still not leave. FCS is usually not the level most assistant coaches want to stay at even if its good pay. either they want to be a head coach, and at any level i would consider it a good thing, and moving to bigger FBS programs as an assisant.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X