Cindy Henning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy Henning

Any truth to the rumor or has anyone else heard the rumor that Assistant Coach Cynthia Henning is out after one year at SDSU?

Re: Cindy Henning

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
    Any truth to the rumor or has anyone else heard the rumor that Assistant Coach Cynthia Henning is out after one year at SDSU?
    I have heard this also. I believe it to be true.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...42&SPSID=64541

dont see her listed on the coaching staff page anymore.

Comment

She was there this morning. Must have taken it down today.

Comment

Coach Brewer informed the VB team two weeks ago that she did not retain Coach Henning. Brewer has now had two assistants in two years. I wonder if a pattern is beginning to emerge?

Comment

I think as a head coach it is important to find a staff that believes in your philosophy and can deliver on that, you cant mix oil and water.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRabbitFoot View Post
              I think as a head coach it is important to find a staff that believes in your philosophy and can deliver on that, you cant mix oil and water.
              I would strongly agree, a head coach must have assistants who support his/her philosophy and the ability to coach that way. I do not know, nor was I suggesting that was the case here. The pattern I was alluding to, was the abiilty to find the "right" assistant to begin with. Now there will be three assistants in three years and I would think that makes it more difficult for a new head coach (with no previous head coaching experience) to establish her program. Three assistants in three years, one could argue a pattern is developing. However, I'm not suggesting I know why that patterm maybe developing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackshirt Jack View Post
                I would strongly agree, a head coach must have assistants who support his/her philosophy and the ability to coach that way. I do not know, nor was I suggesting that was the case here. The pattern I was alluding to, was the abiilty to find the "right" assistant to begin with. Now there will be three assistants in three years and I would think that makes it more difficult for a new head coach (with no previous head coaching experience) to establish her program. Three assistants in three years, one could argue a pattern is developing. However, I'm not suggesting I know why that patterm maybe developing.
                No, I didn't think that of your post, I think what you are saying is very true, and maybe since she is new at head coaching it is just more difficult than maybe anticipated, in finding that same outlook in your support staff, also as a new head anything (whether it is a coach or supv, or admin) knowing how to utilize your support staff takes some time to figure out as well, not sure if that is the case here but like you also said 3 in 3 years.... hopefully she has it figured out soon.

Comment

No, I didn't think that of your post, I think what you are saying is very true, and maybe since she is new at head coaching it is just more difficult than maybe anticipated, in finding that same outlook in your support staff, also as a new head anything (whether it is a coach or supv, or admin) knowing how to utilize your support staff takes some time to figure out as well, not sure if that is the case here but like you also said 3 in 3 years.... hopefully she has it figured out soon.
                  When a new assistant is hired, the senior class of VB players for next fall will have played with 2 head coaches and 4 different assistants in 4 years.

Comment

Any word on what is happening in the VB dept?

Comment

You mean besides the fact Nana Allison-Brewer is expecting in May?

Comment

Well thats wonderful, I did not know that, but yes I was wondering about the search for another assistant, or maybe one of the other GA were ready and able????

Comment

Well thats wonderful, I did not know that, but yes I was wondering about the search for another assistant, or maybe one of the other GA were ready and able????
                          There is a broad campus hiring freeze, and every hire has to be justified according to a artilcle in The Brookings Register. I started a thread under SDSU News and posted the link to the article and I wonder will this affect postions in the Athletic Department?

Comment

I have heard they had over 50 apply for it from several people in the know and that finalists will be on campus soon. I also heard that the pool of candidates this time around are better than the last couple of times the position was open.

It still hurts that we lost Phil McDaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                              I have heard they had over 50 apply for it from several people in the know and that finalists will be on campus soon. I also heard that the pool of candidates this time around are better than the last couple of times the position was open.

It still hurts that we lost Phil McDaniel.
                              That is an understatement. We have Palileo to thank for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X