Abell Gets DQ'd & Melee ensues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abell Gets DQ'd & Melee ensues

Just heard on SportsTalk that Joey Abell may have, well did, get screwed on a DQ. Here is summary from his web site.

This is the way the caller to the show said it happened. At end of round 1, Abell connected and dropped his opponent. The clock was below 10 seconds, but the opponent got up, while ref giving the mandatory count, the time runs out and bell rings. NO ONE in ring hears it, but Butler can see his corner put out the chair. Ref signals to start fighting; Abell drills Butler who goes down like a two by four. Corners empty and it is WWF in the ring. At the end of separating all the corner people ref, judges and timing crew huddle: Abell DQ'd for fighting after the bell.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Abell Gets DQ'd & Melee ensues

You can see video of it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLMMZXGx1E

He did hit him WAY after the bell, but apparently its now a no contest instead of a DQ for Abell.

Comment

Yeah it was way after the bell, but right after the ref signaled them to start fighting. It is too bad the ref didn't hear the bell, which was not very loud. Butler is lucky, like any fighter in his position, that could have caused some long term damage.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Dude dropped like a ton of bricks. That was like movie-quality knockout. Yikes. I am glad Abell has never punched me in the head.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
        X