Montana/SF Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana/SF Austin

A dilemma: Who does one hope wins? Some team Jacks' fans barely are acquainted with or a team all too recently acquainted with?

Re: Montana/SF Austin

I'm hoping for a Montana/SIU finale...with SIU being up 28 in the third quarter and winning on a field goal in the last minute!!

Everytime I saw the "FCS Quarterfinals" scroll across the screen on ESPN during the Ducks/Beavers game and saw "SFA at Montana 2pm EST" I felt a little queezy...maybe it's because I'm still eating Thanksgiving leftovers??

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      I'm hoping for a Montana/SIU finale...with SIU being up 28 in the third quarter and winning on a field goal in the last minute!!

Everytime I saw the "FCS Quarterfinals" scroll across the screen on ESPN during the Ducks/Beavers game and saw "SFA at Montana 2pm EST" I felt a little queezy...maybe it's because I'm still eating Thanksgiving leftovers??

Go Jacks!!
      No, its not just you. I watch ESPN all day it seems and every time they start to scroll the names I flip the channel just for my own well being. When sportscenter started to show our game last weekend I started to scream in agony and my fiance rushed in to turn the channel for me because I was incapacitated due to said agony and could not reach the remote....

Sounds a little dramatic (well okay quite dramatic) but sometimes its the only way to get a response.

EDIT: I am cheering for SFA - I can't bear to know that if we would have held on last weekend and Montana rolls through SFA that we had a legit shot at the semifinals.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        No, its not just you. I watch ESPN all day it seems and every time they start to scroll the names I flip the channel just for my own well being. When sportscenter started to show our game last weekend I started to scream in agony and my fiance rushed in to turn the channel for me because I was incapacitated due to said agony and could not reach the remote....

Sounds a little dramatic (well okay quite dramatic) but sometimes its the only way to get a response.

EDIT: I am cheering for SFA - I can't bear to know that if we would have held on last weekend and Montana rolls through SFA that we had a legit shot at the semifinals.

If that incapacity came from cold beverages, understood.
        Am I correct in assuming Jacks would be at CAS had they closed out the victory they deserved?
        Aaaaaarrgggghhhh

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          If that incapacity came from cold beverages, understood.
          Am I correct in assuming Jacks would be at CAS had they closed out the victory they deserved?
          Aaaaaarrgggghhhh
          No. Sell told TV that they'd be going to SFA.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            No. Sell told TV that they'd be going to SFA.
            I recall this being said too, and you wonder if weather and climate are not also considerations in determining hosts. At any rate I want to see a Montana/SIU matchup. I would not look for SFA to get the Griz down by 27. Who knows though as I believe SFA has some offense that can quickly put points on the board. It will be interesting and I will be watching.

Comment

The SFA Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I recall this being said too, and you wonder if weather and climate are not also considerations in determining hosts. At any rate I want to see a Montana/SIU matchup. I would not look for SFA to get the Griz down by 27. Who knows though as I believe SFA has some offense that can quickly put points on the board. It will be interesting and I will be watching.

A new stadium trumps weather, IMHO.

Comment

Montana on top 3-0. Early in the 1st.

Comment

SFA shooting themselves in the foot. 2 turnovers already and 3 penalties. They are racking up yards, but need to hold onto the ball. Montana has 9 yards of offense so far.

Comment

10-0 Montana. Another freaking turnover by SFA leads to points for Montana. They are trying to give it away.

Comment

SFA turns it over a fourth time with a fumble on the Montana 2. Montana moving the ball now. SFA needs to get it together. They are moving the ball but can't hang onto it. 4 TOs in the 1st QUARTER!!!!!! Ridiculous.

Comment

I just can't bring myself to watch this game, as all I would do the entire time is think of would would of, could of, and should have been.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

SFA with 7 turnovers! SEVEN! That is incredible. They are lucky the score is only 31-0.

Comment

38-0 UM at the half.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X