Bison vs. Coyotes FB 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison vs. Coyotes FB 2010

From the inforum. Looks like USD has filled another 2010 date.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

NDSU, USD almost set for 2010 football game: UND talks ongoing

North Dakota State and the University of South Dakota appear close to finalizing a football contract to play three games – with the first one in Fargo next fall.
    By: Jeff Kolpack, INFORUM

FARGO - North Dakota State and the University of South Dakota appear close to finalizing a football contract to play three games – with the first one in Fargo next fall.

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said the two schools have settled on potential dates. The 2010 game would be a guarantee game for the Coyotes and the last two – perhaps in 2013 and 2014 – would be a home-and-home deal.

Meanwhile, Taylor said talks with the University of North Dakota are continu-ing. He said the two schools don’t have potential dates to match up in 2010 and 2011 but that 2012 remains a possibility
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Bison vs. Coyotes FB 2010

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    From the inforum. Looks like USD has filled another 2010 date.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

NDSU, USD almost set for 2010 football game: UND talks ongoing

North Dakota State and the University of South Dakota appear close to finalizing a football contract to play three games – with the first one in Fargo next fall.
    By: Jeff Kolpack, INFORUM

FARGO - North Dakota State and the University of South Dakota appear close to finalizing a football contract to play three games – with the first one in Fargo next fall.

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said the two schools have settled on potential dates. The 2010 game would be a guarantee game for the Coyotes and the last two – perhaps in 2013 and 2014 – would be a home-and-home deal.

Meanwhile, Taylor said talks with the University of North Dakota are continu-ing. He said the two schools don’t have potential dates to match up in 2010 and 2011 but that 2012 remains a possibility
    I wonder if Lakesbison gave his approval to this?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      I wonder if Lakesbison gave his approval to this?
      LOL he is drowning his sorrow with some liquor I think!!

I'm actually happy to see it especially USD before UND LOL that will really get the conspiracy theorists in Grand Sucko rolling now. Now the perfect scenario would be the Jacks get USD on their schedule in 2011
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Ought to be a whale of mediocrity.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Not a smack thread.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            Ought to be a whale of mediocrity.

LOL much like your teams history
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

NDSU and USD playing is like smack with out having to say anything. Bragging rights will be on the line for sure. would it be an upset next year considering how not good NDSU was? I think NDSU should win easily. USD loses Shepard who this year never knew what he was going to provide. I expect NDSU to be better next year but with no proof to back that up. Is there a situation where they could tie and not have a winner? so they would both kind of lose in a way, which would be like a win for SDSU espiecally with us getting our 4th straight win over NDSU.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                Which team didnt make the playoffs at the division 1 level this year? What bowl game the bison expect to play in this year? just kidding. but seriously. The past is the past and looking to the future, it looks pretty good for SDSU. cant say the same for any other dakota school. Have fun paying USD and hoping to try to not lose again at home. like this year.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  What's that old saying? What have you done for me lately?
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I just dont understand why NDSU is caving into usd, and quite possibly und. its kind of pointless for going D1 if NDSU/SDSU has to drag the trash with them. wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                      I just dont understand why NDSU is caving into usd, and quite possibly und. its kind of pointless for going D1 if NDSU/SDSU has to drag the trash with them. wierd.
                      So suddenly after 5 years SDSU and NDSU are too good for their former NCC mates. It sure didn't seem to bother SDSU to play Northern Colorado despite them being a worse program in D1 than they were in D2. It doesn't seem to bother the State U's to play Indiana State and some of the other lower Missouri Valley programs. Just simply being D1 does not necessarily make a program. Centenary sure proves that to be correct.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                        ok sorry no more smack, but..

Caving IN??? if you honestly think that NDSU and SDSU are not going to schedule the closest FCS teams and instate or intrastate teams your off your rocker!! they are big revenue games and short expenses it only makes sense. SDSU WILL be playing USD sooner than later and UND
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Since this thread sunk to smack, I've moved it to the Smack section.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                            So suddenly after 5 years SDSU and NDSU are too good for their former NCC mates. It sure didn't seem to bother SDSU to play Northern Colorado despite them being a worse program in D1 than they were in D2. It doesn't seem to bother the State U's to play Indiana State and some of the other lower Missouri Valley programs. Just simply being D1 does not necessarily make a program. Centenary sure proves that to be correct.
                            Pretty much agree with you on your first sentence. Everything after that was a great big whaaaaaaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

Well we are obligated to play them also
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                              X