Clear All

• 5 Stages

5 Stages of Grief

1: Denial and Isolation

2: Anger

3: Bargaining

4: Depression

5: Acceptance

I thought this was fitting for all of you fans here. I belive Jackrabbit fans are somewhere between anger and bargaining right now. Many are pi$$ed off and many are trying to find ways that made the game seem ok (recruiting, next year, etc.).

I haven't been reading this blog for the past couple days because I knew what people were gonna be saying. It isn't really enjoyable to read, but things are going to get better. Always do. Luckily for us fans we have next year. The players don't.

Go Jacks!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: 5 Stages

I don't know about anyone else, but I am in the acceptance stage. Seems like I experienced the same feelings of disappointment all the way home from Missoula in 1993. Driving alone, I had plenty of time to grieve. Can you believe we blew a 38-7 lead in 1993? I can and some of our players from that game can too. Just as it would be cruel to blame Catchem all and his teammates that are probably posters on this board, I do not blame our players for yesterday. In my mind and I may be crazy as a loon, I think if Don Bailey had been on the staff, we might have come up with the strategy to protect TOB better and maybe plays that would sustained our drives in the fourth quarter that would have won the game for us and give the defense new legs.

Comment

"Adversity does not build character. It reveals it."
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I cruised through those five stages in about an hour on Saturday night. There's no point in dwelling on a bad loss. There are too many other good things happening at SDSU.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Well said SDSUalum08

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            5 Stages of Grief

1: Denial and Isolation

2: Anger

3: Bargaining

4: Depression

5: Acceptance

I thought this was fitting for all of you fans here. I belive Jackrabbit fans are somewhere between anger and bargaining right now. Many are pi$$ed off and many are trying to find ways that made the game seem ok (recruiting, next year, etc.).

I haven't been reading this blog for the past couple days because I knew what people were gonna be saying. It isn't really enjoyable to read, but things are going to get better. Always do. Luckily for us fans we have next year. The players don't.

Go Jacks!
            Here's one fan hoping the coaches and next years players stay in stage 2 and work their tails off in the off season to make 2010 even better than 2009!
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Nothing like a little Elisabeth Kubler-Ross to start a Monday! LOL
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
              X