A little perspective...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little perspective...

While the subject of this post is another FCS school...this very sad news is one of those reminders -- there's always a lot of them when we look around --...

Eastern Illinois Panthers Assistant Coach (offensive line) Jeff Hoover, died in a car accident on the way home from Southern Illinois yesterday after EIU lost 48-7 in thier playoff game against the Salukis. Hoover was driving the vehicle in which a staff member and some of his family were traveling. He apparently swerved to avoid hitting a deer.

ESPN.com story is here.

Re: A little perspective...

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    While the subject of this post is another FCS school...this very sad news is one of those reminders -- there's always a lot of them when we look around --...

Eastern Illinois Panthers Assistant Coach (offensive line) Jeff Hoover, died in a car accident on the way home from Southern Illinois yesterday after EIU lost 48-7 in thier playoff game against the Salukis. Hoover was driving the vehicle in which a staff member and some of his family were traveling. He apparently swerved to avoid hitting a deer.

ESPN.com story is here.
    What a tragedy. I guess that's why you never swerve to miss a deer. You're far better off just hitting the thing.

My condolences to the family.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

A little more on perspective: The goal of this program is to make the playoffs and thereby be in contention for a national title. The 'Rabbits did that. The loss stings pretty badly because for much of the game, it appears the 'Rabbits had a great chance to advance in the playoff system.

I have not researched this point but I have to believe no other team has made the FCS (or DI-AA) playoffs in its second year of eligibility.

The players and coaches who got us to this point have done an incredible job against not only stiff competition but financial and facility challenges.

Yeah, it's a great day to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

A little more on perspective: The goal of this program is to make the playoffs and thereby be in contention for a national title. The 'Rabbits did that. The loss stings pretty badly because for much of the game, it appears the 'Rabbits had a great chance to advance in the playoff system.

I have not researched this point but I have to believe no other team has made the FCS (or DI-AA) playoffs in its second year of eligibility.

The players and coaches who got us to this point have done an incredible job against not only stiff competition but financial and facility challenges.

Yeah, it's a great day to be a Jackrabbit.
        You guys got your paws wet in the FCS playoffs, which is a tough show. Keep the great work and make it an annual thing!

Comment

ESPN.com story is here.
          I saw this and it's terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families and the team.

Comment

Working...
          X