Great game & season SDSU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great game & season SDSU!

Congrats to SDSU for a great season, and I hope this is the beginning of a long string of playoff appearances for SDSU!

This sure was a tale of two halves.. Most of the first half, and the beginning of the 3rd quarter the Griz were way out of character with very costly turnovers and really just playing like they did against Idaho State earlier this year...except instead of it being against a winless team, it was against a very talented playoff team. And just like what good teams do, your team capitalized on the mistakes, turnovers, and made the Griz pay big time.

Then towards the end of the 3rd quarter and pretty much all of the 4th quarter it was SDSU's turn it seemed.

I really wonder, if both teams played the way they typically do, how this game would've turned out. I can pretty much guarantee you it wouldn't have been 61-48! Probably more like 24-21 or something like that.

Your run D was awesome. We were lucky to get a yard or two in the first half on the ground it seemed. I'm very glad that our QB Selle (I think our other QB Roper got banged up in the first half) was able to get things together in the second half... That first half he had (2 picks, a fumble, and total inaccuracy), along with getting no help from our run game (due to your defense) would've sent most people into therapy (and probably did send a few griz fans to the shrink at halftime).

Judging by your roster, it looks like you guys will have a hell of a team again next year too. That RB of yours is a great back, and the Griz had a lot of trouble stopping him in the first half. Your QB, while throwing 3 picks (two being tipped, and the last was more like a hail mary with just a few seconds left) I thought did a good job especially in the first half. He didn't seem to be rattled by the playoff environment, or the pressure of being in a playoff game... Sure his numbers weren't great, but he was under quite a bit of pressure from the Griz D most of the game.

Anyway, great season SDSU, and that was a hell of a game. Your team definitely has nothing to hang their heads about. They came into the #1 seeds house and proved that they belong right up there with the top of the FCS. I'm sure you guys will be back in the playoffs next year!
Working...
X