Just a heartbreaking day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a heartbreaking day...

Because I have kids and I value my time w/ them, I TiVO every game and watch when they are in bed. So....

First I watched the SDSU-Denver game on the computer and watched the tough loss there.

Then I watch the SDSU-Montana game. Getting out to a big lead I am already thinking about how huge this win would be and how I might be in CAS next Saturday watching a second round playoff game.

I have also been a Kansas fan for years and have some strong ties to that program. So next I watch the KU-Mizzou game, in which KU loses on a last second FG after leading by 9 in the 2nd half, meaning, after starting out 5-0 and 15th in the nation they will not go to a bowl game.

Now the Kansas game wasn't near the heartbreak of my Jacks as I am not near the fan of KU that I am of SDSU, but still. THREE heartnreaking losses, all in the final minutes or seconds of the game.

I sit here as upset as I think I have ever been, sports related. But I will wake up tommorow, put on something that says SDSU on it and be proud to be a JACKRABBIT!

Re: Just a heartbreaking day...

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    Because I have kids and I value my time w/ them, I TiVO every game and watch when they are in bed. So....

First I watched the SDSU-Denver game on the computer and watched the tough loss there.

Then I watch the SDSU-Montana game. Getting out to a big lead I am already thinking about how huge this win would be and how I might be in CAS next Saturday watching a second round playoff game.

I have also been a Kansas fan for years and have some strong ties to that program. So next I watch the KU-Mizzou game, in which KU loses on a last second FG after leading by 9 in the 2nd half, meaning, after starting out 5-0 and 15th in the nation they will not go to a bowl game.

Now the Kansas game wasn't near the heartbreak of my Jacks as I am not near the fan of KU that I am of SDSU, but still. THREE heartnreaking losses, all in the final minutes or seconds of the game.

I sit here as upset as I think I have ever been, sports related. But I will wake up tommorow, put on something that says SDSU on it and be proud to be a JACKRABBIT!
    I still feel like I took a body blow.

I think it is the extremes. We saw how great they were playing only to know it was slipping away and there wasn't a thing we could do to stop it. I can only imagine how bad the player and coaches are feeling, but I hope they know how proud we fans are of them.

I am and always have been a bball fan first, football second and I couldn't even turn the men's game on tonight.

That said, I am and always will be a fan of SDSU athletics and I am super proud of this team.

Thank you for starting a new tradition of excellent football at SDSU. The legacy this year's seniors leave behind will be remembered.

Comment

First, a heartfelt congratulations to SDSU. Your team played one hell of a football game. You should be proud of your team and its coaching staff.

Second, these are terrific posts. Losing is never easy, but sometimes it's just flat-out punishing. For what it's worth, Griz fans know precisely how you're feeling today. Simply say the word "Wofford" to any Griz fan and to this day you'll still see them wince in pain. After watching your team, I have little doubt that there will be many future playoff games to look forward to.

[QUOTE]But I will wake up tommorow, put on something that says SDSU on it and be proud to be a JACKRABBIT![QUOTE]

And I love this statement. Fly your colors proudly today and hold your head high. Congrats on a great season.

Comment

Nice job Jacks, it was a good season! Look where you started and look where you can go. We all have our stumbles, just pick yourself up and get after it. I wish you good luck next year and I don't look forward to playing you guys again anytime soon, I need to go have an EKG after yesterday

Comment

No one told me it would be this hard to be a Jackrabbit fan. Oh well, it's too late now.

Comment

Working...
          X