This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composure

Jacks are a great team. Anyone here saying "fire" the coach is dead wrong. They are well coached and a solid team.

That being said, please don't compare WA-GRIZ to Minnesota and their 50,000 couch potatoe fans. It is a completely different environment and is actually an insult to compare us to the Big-10 Gophers. WA-GRIZ rocks and it causes teams to melt like an ice cream on the 4th of July. It's all about composure. Teams lose composure in hostile environments and today is a clear demonstration of what a hostile environment can do to cause young kids to begin to lose focus and play "outside" of themselves.

I feel bad for your "Coach Stig" because the Jacks were well prepared until they felt the wrath of WA-GRIZ.

Re: Composure

Originally posted by AirGriz View Post
    Jacks are a great team. Anyone here saying "fire" the coach is dead wrong. They are well coached and a solid team.

That being said, please don't compare WA-GRIZ to Minnesota and their 50,000 couch potatoe fans. It is a completely different environment and is actually an insult to compare us to the Big-10 Gophers. WA-GRIZ rocks and it causes teams to melt like an ice cream on the 4th of July. It's all about composure. Teams lose composure in hostile environments and today is a clear demonstration of what a hostile environment can do to cause young kids to begin to lose focus and play "outside" of themselves.

I feel bad for your "Coach Stig" because the Jacks were well prepared until they felt the wrath of WA-GRIZ.
    Just go away!

Comment

I believe someone on here remarked that one of Mike Ditka's big regrets was that he was not good enough to play in WA-GRIZ staduim for the Griz. Follow Roy's advice, just go away.

Comment

With all do respect, you have a great team that made a hell of a comeback. You have a great stadium and fan base but I wouldnt say that our players melted under your house. The Jacks didn't play the last half to win, rather they played not to lose. That is on the coaching staff for putting the players in a prevent d and o. I am not calling our coaching staff out, I am just saying that the decision was not wise.

I wish you nothing but good luck for the rest of the playoffs...I would love to see you clean house on everyone left except our in conference foe SIU.

Enjoy the win, you got out played for three quarters and then stuck it to us in the fourth, congratulations on a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I believe someone on here remarked that one of Mike Ditka's big regrets was that he was not good enough to play in WA-GRIZ staduim for the Griz. Follow Roy's advice, just go away.

No I'm sure Ditka regretted not being able to play in that high school stadium you guys have. We are moving on, you are done. That one had to burn really bad. Hope we don't have to wait 30 years years to beat you again in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLSGRIZZLY View Post
            No I'm sure Ditka regretted not being able to play in that high school stadium you guys have. We are moving on, you are done. That one had to burn really bad. Hope we don't have to wait 30 years years to beat you again in the playoffs.

I would, honest to Christ, punch you if I saw you. And I'd have plenty of backing. No class. No wonder people hate Montana. I used to cheer for them. I'll change...because of you.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MPLSGRIZZLY View Post

wow, cant believe someone from montana would move to mpls. must be tough to find sheep in the cities, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                wow, cant believe someone from montana would move to mpls. must be tough to find sheep in the cities, huh?
                Pick and choose where and when you want to respond. I'm tired of listening to you guys bitch about Montana fans. How about the 16 Million Montana fans that have genuflected and paid respect to SDSU. You guys bitch about and seize upon the outspoken Griz fans and spend not a moment on the Griz fans that do pay your program respect.

I'm beginning to understand the SDSU forum. You don't comment on compliments. You only want controversy. So get over it. I'm not gonna be nice about it. You melted like an ice cream cone on the fourth of July. You lost. Move on.

Comment

Pick and choose where and when you want to respond. I'm tired of listening to you guys bitch about Montana fans. How about the 16 Million Montana fans that have genuflected and paid respect to SDSU. You guys bitch about and seize upon the outspoken Griz fans and spend not a moment on the Griz fans that do pay your program respect.

I'm beginning to understand the SDSU forum. You don't comment on compliments. You only want controversy. So get over it. I'm not gonna be nice about it. You melted like an ice cream cone on the fourth of July. You lost. Move on.

im not normally a dickhead but since he was, i thought id be. and since this is our forum and not yours, i will be nice when i want and a dickhead to who i want. and i guess the sheep comment hit a nerve?

Comment

We have a lot of opposing fans who are obnoxious to a great degree come on here and give us crap, but I don't think they have ever come on here after beating us and saying the sh$t that some of the Griz posters have. Usually they are respectful and gracious in victory and defeat. LakesBison is an example of being classless but even he hasn't done what some grizs fans have. So go gloat to your ewefriends and as far as some of us are concerned dont come back.

Comment

By the by, I've been so pissed, I have not said, "Hats off to the Griz." They did not fold when almost every other team would have. Good game. Some of your fans leave a lot to be desired, but I know there are some decent Griz fans, too. Because of the bad eggs, I'm not sure I can fully cheer for you down the road, but good luck nonetheless.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        By the by, I've been so pissed, I have not said, "Hats off to the Griz." They did not fold when almost every other team would have. Good game. Some of your fans leave a lot to be desired, but I know there are some decent Griz fans, too. Because of the bad eggs, I'm not sure I can fully cheer for you down the road, but good luck nonetheless.
                        Sorry some of these guys are so loud. Probably not people with actual degrees from UM is my guess.

For my part, I'm not gloating ... just thankful the Griz managed to come alive enough to escape from a seriously tough opponent. I think we'll be seeing the Jacks in the playoffs quite a bit in the coming years. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                          I would, honest to Christ, punch you if I saw you. And I'd have plenty of backing. No class. No wonder people hate Montana. I used to cheer for them. I'll change...because of you.

I think if i were in your shoes i would probably punch MPLS too, but doesn't speak for all griz fans. congrats to a very good team who kicked the sh*t out of us for three solid quarters. I think this should be a regular conference showdown every year in the playoffs

Comment

Thanks, sportin' life and bozemangriz.

All fans bases have their extreme members and I suppose there are particular circumstances that can make most of us tip over and say something stupid on a fan message board. The majority of the Griz fans who have appeared here appear to be great people.

It seems we have a number of threads that are pretty similar so I'm going to close this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X