Just the start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the start!

Even though we just witnessed the biggest choke job that SDSU football has ever experienced, this program is just getting started.

We made the playoffs in only our 2nd year of eligibility. Even though we lose a good senior class, we won't take a step back next year because of the quality of players we bring back.

We went from being a "middle-of-the-road" DII team, to a top of the conference FCS team. SDSU is in the process of getting a new stadium to go with the new Dykhouse center.

The recruiting class last year was heralded as the best this program has seen. With this year being as good as it was we should see another great group of recruits. Take those two classes and continued playoff experience and there is no reason not to expect big things from this program.

The future of SDSU football is bright. Today is a bump in the road, but in the end it just goes to show that we belong.

Re: Just the start!

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Even though we just witnessed the biggest choke job that SDSU football has ever experienced, this program is just getting started.

We made the playoffs in only our 2nd year of eligibility. Even though we lose a good senior class, we won't take a step back next year because of the quality of players we bring back.

We went from being a "middle-of-the-road" DII team, to a top of the conference FCS team. SDSU is in the process of getting a new stadium to go with the new Dykhouse center.

The recruiting class last year was heralded as the best this program has seen. With this year being as good as it was we should see another great group of recruits. Take those two classes and continued playoff experience and there is no reason not to expect big things from this program.

The future of SDSU football is bright. Today is a bump in the road, but in the end it just goes to show that we belong.
    Well said.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hopefully... a loss like this can be devastating to a program for years.

Comment

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
        i dont think. hell the players will get over it way before the fans on this board do.

Comment

Unacceptable...just unacceptable. Bumps in the road, long term....bah..all unacceptable in this instance. I would have preferred a 58-0 beat down.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            i dont think. hell the players will get over it way before the fans on this board do.
            I'm over it. Too many good things happening in SDSU athletics to dwell on one loss for very long, even a bad one like this.

Stig's good at turning bad things into learning opportunities.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think if we were favored it would have been a bigger loss. This was our first shot in the playoffs and it was against a perennial playoff team with the best home field advantage in the FCS.
              This game could have easily been 40-12 Montana, but we came out and punched the the #1 seed in the mouth. SDSU made some noise today and even though we lost, we still showed the nation that we aren't a fluke.
              Sometimes it's all about baby steps. Our first steps were beating our old NCC foe NDSU for a conference championship. (and than winning the next two years). Our next step was continued success and going 13-3 in our first two years in the MVC beating powerhouse UNI in the process. Making the playoffs was the next step and we made it.
              Now our next steps are: Winning the MVC, winning a playoff game, and than winning the National Championship. This program has come along ways and it is still moving up. Can't wait to see the quality of recruits coming in for 2010.

Comment

No problems with your second paragraph or the other statements contained the post, but I was at the 1993 game in Montana. It was not a playoff game, but the first game of the season, and SDSU had Montana down 38-7 and Montana won 52-48 I believe. Ask Catchemall about this game, he played in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  No problems with your second paragraph or the other statements contained the post, but I was at the 1993 game in Montana. It was not a playoff game, but the first game of the season, and SDSU had Montana down 38-7 and Montana won 52-48 I believe. Ask Catchemall about this game, he played in that one.
                  Big difference... that game was a bunch of division two players getting beat by a national championship caliber 1AA team. This year we had relatively equal players and screwed it up.

Comment

Big difference... that game was a bunch of division two players getting beat by a national championship caliber 1AA team. This year we had relatively equal players and screwed it up.
                    Whether you got 3 scholarships and the opponent has 63 and you get them down 31 points, you should be able to find a way to hang on for a win. If was prevent defense that got us I do not know. But launcher you are the answer man so I suspect you got it all figured out.

Comment

Next years team will struggle big time. To quote a junior from the team, "we will be lucky to win a game next year." I understand thats an exaggeration, but i can see the honesty in that. Our struggling offense will have lots of trouble again next year. We lose our 3 top wide recievers, after that who do we got? We then lose our top 3 offensive lineman, after that who do we got to replace them, the youngers guys are gonna struggle but they might be able to pull it together

Comment

I think you are right. I wish the Jacks were in the BSC. You are a quality program and you have nothing but admiration and respect from most Griz fans. I don't like to hear the bashing on this Board about the Griz program because we have worked hard for 20 years to get where we are today.

For those that don't respect our program, we lead the BSC in graduation rates and academic all-americans. SDSU has the kind of kids we like in our program. Congrats on a great season!

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                          Next years team will struggle big time. To quote a junior from the team, "we will be lucky to win a game next year." I understand thats an exaggeration, but i can see the honesty in that. Our struggling offense will have lots of trouble again next year. We lose our 3 top wide recievers, after that who do we got? We then lose our top 3 offensive lineman, after that who do we got to replace them, the youngers guys are gonna struggle but they might be able to pull it together
                          we will win games next year. we have a tough road schedule but i cant believe a player would think we wouldnt win a game.

Comment

Well, I'm not over it. And here's how I see it: We were up 27 and f--ked it away in the following ways:

1. Coaching.

2. Defense.

3. Offense.

4. Special teams.

Does that cover them all? Because that's every aspect of the game. EVERY ONE.

A total and utter -- and COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE -- effort in the fourth quarter on EVERY LEVEL. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE...anybody who says otherwise is too soft for me. That doesn't mean you don't move on. But it does mean you acknowledge what happened as pathetic.
                            Last edited by JackFan96; 11-28-2009, 07:25 PM.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                              Well, I'm not over it. And here's how I see it: We were up 27 and f--ked it away in the following ways:

1. Coaching.

2. Defense.

3. Offense.

4. Special teams.

Does that cover them all? Because that's every aspect of the game. EVERY ONE.

A total and utter -- and COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE -- effort in the fourth quarter on EVERY LEVEL. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE...anybody who says otherwise is too soft for me. That doesn't mean you don't move on. But it does mean you acknowledge what happened as pathetic.

There are always 2 sides to the same coin. For SDSU fans it was completely ACCEPTABLE what happened for 2.5 quarters and you didn't bitch for one minute. GRIZ fans found that entire ordeal UNACCEPTABLE.

You are a fair weather fan and would never be part of the foundation that forms a great program. GRIZ fans have lost 3 National Championship games and many playoff games over the years. You don't bad mouth your program. You build and move on. No heads should roll at SDSU unless you thought they should roll at half-time or the end of 3Q.

Comment

Working...
                              X