ENRAGED...but cooling down now that I finished typing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENRAGED...but cooling down now that I finished typing

The defense was so poor in the second half, but I cannot believe how badly we were outcoached in the 2nd half. Played not to lose and absolutely got embarassed. Run, run, pass punt - kick to Moriani (stupid), wait no more than 2 minutes and watch a touchdown for the Grizzlies..then.....repeat. Look what happened when we actually threw the ball on a first down. Colin who???????? oh yeah the guy that was killing them in the first quarter. I don't know if I have seen a poorer, more timid, hope to win play calling game in my life. I can understand it when the defense was stopping them. That was the first 5 minutes of the half - after that, read above. I am so angry right now. Yeah the players execute...but the coaches have to put them in good situations. We threw when we had to and Montana just licked there chops. Which was another failure - TOB is not prepared and I will grant, experienced enough (at least he didn't show it) of making an audible. I don't know if the Montana safeties ever played more than 5 yards off the ball (blitzed quite often) except for when we were in obvious passing downs. I love the way Stig mentors young men, but boy he blew this one today. Play not to win - and you won't. I could go on and on, but I think I will just continue drinking.

Great season Jacks! Terrible for the season to end this way. Guys on the field share the blame of course, but boy the coaches really got their asses kicked in my mind. Griz made some great adjustments in the second half - we just thought we would hang on to win.

Re: ENRAGED...but cooling down now that I finished typing

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
    The defense was so poor in the second half, but I cannot believe how badly we were outcoached in the 2nd half. Played not to lose and absolutely got embarassed. Run, run, pass punt - kick to Moriani (stupid), wait no more than 2 minutes and watch a touchdown for the Grizzlies..then.....repeat. Look what happened when we actually threw the ball on a first down. Colin who???????? oh yeah the guy that was killing them in the first quarter. I don't know if I have seen a poorer, more timid, hope to win play calling game in my life. I can understand it when the defense was stopping them. That was the first 5 minutes of the half - after that, read above. I am so angry right now. Yeah the players execute...but the coaches have to put them in good situations. We threw when we had to and Montana just licked there chops. Which was another failure - TOB is not prepared and I will grant, experienced enough (at least he didn't show it) of making an audible. I don't know if the Montana safeties ever played more than 5 yards off the ball (blitzed quite often) except for when we were in obvious passing downs. I love the way Stig mentors young men, but boy he blew this one today. Play not to win - and you won't. I could go on and on, but I think I will just continue drinking.

Great season Jacks! Terrible for the season to end this way. Guys on the field share the blame of course, but boy the coaches really got their asses kicked in my mind. Griz made some great adjustments in the second half - we just thought we would hang on to win.
    Just a few words. Where was Don Bailey today? He was our QB coach but left just before fall camp. I think that explains a great deal.

Comment

Please fire Luke Meadows...

Comment

Thank God for my 8 month old daughter, whom I watched the last 10 minutes of the game with, as I could only shake my head in disgust, instead of punching holes in the wall.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I came here to rip some tail, but realized after a couple of beers that wouldn't do any good. I have too much respect for the players and coaches to do that. I'm going to take a little leave of absence from reading this board, a couple of days at least. Hopefully I can control my self better than I did the last quarter of today's game.

Comment

I counted to ten before grabbing a hold of my keyboard. I have deleted and rewritten many things. Congratulations to the University of Montana! Very nice win.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Hell of a game your Jackrabbits gave us Griz fans! We are still catching our breath over beers. Most exciting game I've seen in years. Thanks for a great game and good luck with your great team next season.
              www.bigskycountry.net
              http://blog.bigskycountry.net

Comment

WOW this is South Dakota, we can have good teams and good records but in my opinion we choke in the big games,and there is a reason. We were playing not to lose to start the second have. I think this loss came about due to two things. Players ran out of gas and coaching.

Montana played to win the game and they did. We played not to lose and we did lose.

Nothing to get upset about but it is very disappointing and embarassing. It was not like Montana earned their way down the field, we let them. Any HS team could have marched down the feild on short outs and hitches. Tackling was terrible but that may have been due to the altitude and fatigue.

WOW just WOW !
                MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
                  WOW this is South Dakota, we can have good teams and good records but in my opinion we choke in the big games,and there is a reason. We were playing not to lose to start the second have. I think this loss came about due to two things. Players ran out of gas and coaching.

Montana played to win the game and they did. We played not to lose and we did lose.

Nothing to get upset about but it is very disappointing and embarassing. It was not like Montana earned their way down the field, we let them. Any HS team could have marched down the feild on short outs and hitches. Tackling was terrible but that may have been due to the altitude and fatigue.

WOW just WOW !
                  First two paragraphs...yes, yes, yes.

Third one. WRONG. Nothing to get upset about? Dear God, did you watch the game?

WOW just WOW, is right.

Comment

Hey guys, just had to come over here and tell you good game! I really really really felt bad for your guys (don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won). The 2nd half for you was kind of like the 1st half for us-very hard to watch! Wish you guys well I'm sure we will be seeing you again soon best a luck.

Comment

What few understand about this team is that it's not that one missed TD, or change in strategy or anything else that made that little difference. This team has decided that it's simply not going to be beat, and so far nobody has figured out a way to beat that commitment.
                      FTG...Our BADGE OF HONOR!

Comment

In a loss like this there is plenty of blame to go around. I have a hard time placing the blame on any one person or group who was in the game yesterday. To say the play-calling was playing not to lose, well, what about the play-action bomb to Fox after Montana's first score in the second half? Not saying things maybe didn't get a little tight after that, but, like I said plenty of blame. As a coach I know how coaches feel after games like this and, trust me, they feel worse than any of us fans- it is what they put their heart and soul into all year long. It will not do a lot of good to rehash everything and call for peoples heads. (I don't think there is anyone on here who has the right to do that.) Thank the team and coaches for a great ride this year and plan on being even better next! We cannot go back to yesterday and 5 whatever left in the third quarter so focus forward.

Comment

Thanks, MontGriz. We'll be back. I'm pulling for our conference mate SIU but I wish your team well.

Comment

Both play-calling and execution are probably worthy of criticism, but let's remember too that there was another team on the field that had to do an awful lot of things really, really well to dig out of a 27-point hole.

And they did.

Like the old war saying goes about military plans, "the enemy gets a vote, too."
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                              In a loss like this there is plenty of blame to go around. I have a hard time placing the blame on any one person or group who was in the game yesterday. To say the play-calling was playing not to lose, well, what about the play-action bomb to Fox after Montana's first score in the second half? Not saying things maybe didn't get a little tight after that, but, like I said plenty of blame. As a coach I know how coaches feel after games like this and, trust me, they feel worse than any of us fans- it is what they put their heart and soul into all year long. It will not do a lot of good to rehash everything and call for peoples heads. (I don't think there is anyone on here who has the right to do that.) Thank the team and coaches for a great ride this year and plan on being even better next! We cannot go back to yesterday and 5 whatever left in the third quarter so focus forward.
                              It is a good thing for looking ahead that the offense,defense and special teams all had a major part in the loss. It is tough in cases where you can point fingers and put the blame on one single play or player that made a mistake that cost a team a win. That certainly isn't the case with this loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X