Newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper

Our local newspaper is the Missoulian. Find them at www.missoulian.com. The paper does a very good job reporting on the Griz and their opponents. Will even find videos of our coach talking about your team.

Re: Newspaper

They have a nice story on the basics of SDSU. Very straight-forward. Not a big homer piece that you see some places:

http://www.missoulian.com/sports/col...cc4c002e0.html

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Sure, Stig falls back on "coach speak" once in awhile, but for the most part, he is a guy who doesn't pretend to be somebody else. It's refreshing.

Comment

We are lucky. Stig and Nagy (our bball coach) are about as good of people, as geniune of people, as nice of people as you'll ever find...especially in the world of coaching.

I don't know AJ (our womens bball coach) but I've been in the same room a few times and he seems pretty nice and I hear he is a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          We are lucky. Stig and Nagy (our bball coach) are about as good of people, as geniune of people, as nice of people as you'll ever find...especially in the world of coaching.

I don't know AJ (our womens bball coach) but I've been in the same room a few times and he seems pretty nice and I hear he is a good guy.
          AJ is a great person and when you talk to him, he makes you feel good about your self. As a coach I can see him being very firm, but never degrading and that is a very important part of coaching women sports.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastgriz View Post
            Our local newspaper is the Missoulian. Find them at www.missoulian.com. The paper does a very good job reporting on the Griz and their opponents. Will even find videos of our coach talking about your team.
            I've been following the stories all week in the Missoulian...They are very well written and I've enjoyed them immensely. It forgot to put the part in where Stig worse curse words are "Holy Nutmeg" I find that very telling about him as the type of person he is.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Ah, every now and then he'll dig deep and drop a "rectum" but only when he's really perplexed.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Just got done reading the article and I thought it was a very well written article that gave the Jacks a great deal of praise and respect. This is nice to see from the opposition.

Comment

"We're different than we have been when we've been out there," said Coach John Stiegelmeier, who brought the Jacks into Missoula for losses in 2005-06 (7-0 and 36-7). "We have a much more aggressive defense in terms of line movements and twists, and blitzing the linebackers.

"That's not my nature, so it hurts me to say that. But it's created an aggressive approach on defense, and for the most part it hasn't hurt us."

Interesting quote, but doesn't surprise me. He is all about execution and low on gimmicks. However, this shows he is willing to put trust in his assistants if the pieces are there.

Comment

Working...
                  X