Gamewatch in Boise Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamewatch in Boise Area

Message to any Jacks fans on here in the Boise area. Jacks alum are few and far between out here, so I emailed the Montana alumni folks this morning to see if they had a gamewatch going on. Here is their response:

Kevin - you will find a solid group of Griz fans at this establishment.

Have fun and GO GRIZ,
    Jodi Moreau - UM Alumni Association

IDAHO:

Boise: Busters, 1396 E State Street, Eagle, ID 208.938.1800
    Coordinator:* Jon Matthews '84; 208.395.5472; jon.matthews@albertsons.com

Re: Gamewatch in Boise Area

Crash,

A good buddy of mine more or less runs the satellite parties in Boise. His name is Jon. Ask around, and then tell him he needs to buy you a beer on me! Hope you enjoy your time there.

Incidentally, if there are any Seattle area Jack fans, we have a huge get together here at Sluggers in Kirkland (not the downtown one). If you need details, let me know. We'd love to see some SDSU fans.

Comment

Thanks. I'll definitely try to find him. The Montana alumni people responded to my inquiry almost immediately. I emailed our alumni association this morning to see if they had information on SDSU alumni gatherings -- no response. And the only gathering mentioned on their website is in Rapid City. Pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
        Thanks. I'll definitely try to find him. The Montana alumni people responded to my inquiry almost immediately. I emailed our alumni association this morning to see if they had information on SDSU alumni gatherings -- no response. And the only gathering mentioned on their website is in Rapid City. Pretty sad.
        Not so much sad as different. All Montana games are on their local TV because they regularly sell out the 25,000 seat stadium. So their alumni in different cities have found establishments in their local towns that can pick up the Missoula TV station’s satellite coordinates. The U of M Alumni Association provides the local leaders with those coordinates. They gather every Saturday to watch their games so nothing changes when the playoffs start. They have an alumni volunteer network in place.

Local TV games in the past were few and far between for SDSU as we don't usually sell out CAS. We also do not have a large alumni volunteer network in place. However the Alumni Association is moving in the right direction. Alumni Association Chapters in Sioux Falls and Rapid City have come into existence within the last 18 months and the Alumni Association is working hard to add more.

What the Alumni Association needs to add more chapters is more local volunteer leaders who are willing to provide resources (time, talents, money). Chapters are led by alumni in their local communities with a little direction and assistance from Brookings.

If you or any SDSU Alumni is interested in starting a chapter or just helping to get your fellow alumni organized I am certain that the Alumni Association would be excited to hear from you and assist you.

The folks in Rapid City did the majority of the leg work to create the watch parties they have enjoyed all season long (most games they used the Go Jacks feed).

Don't forget if you are coming over from Boise (it is a fairly easy drive) the Alumni Association is hosting a tailgate event in Missoula here is the link to the info:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

Here is a link to the 9 states and 18 cities that have regular Griz TV coverage:

http://www.vitarbordesign.com/Griz_V...Locations.html

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
            Not so much sad as different. All Montana games are on their local TV because they regularly sell out the 25,000 seat stadium. So their alumni in different cities have found establishments in their local towns that can pick up the Missoula TV station’s satellite coordinates. The U of M Alumni Association provides the local leaders with those coordinates. They gather every Saturday to watch their games so nothing changes when the playoffs start. They have an alumni volunteer network in place.

Local TV games in the past were few and far between for SDSU as we don't usually sell out CAS. We also do not have a large alumni volunteer network in place. However the Alumni Association is moving in the right direction. Alumni Association Chapters in Sioux Falls and Rapid City have come into existence within the last 18 months and the Alumni Association is working hard to add more.

What the Alumni Association needs to add more chapters is more local volunteer leaders who are willing to provide resources (time, talents, money). Chapters are led by alumni in their local communities with a little direction and assistance from Brookings.

If you or any SDSU Alumni is interested in starting a chapter or just helping to get your fellow alumni organized I am certain that the Alumni Association would be excited to hear from you and assist you.

The folks in Rapid City did the majority of the leg work to create the watch parties they have enjoyed all season long (most games they used the Go Jacks feed).

Don't forget if you are coming over from Boise (it is a fairly easy drive) the Alumni Association is hosting a tailgate event in Missoula here is the link to the info:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Do you know where the watch site is in RC?
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Thirsty's at 819 Main St., Rapid City.

Info on the SDSU Alumni Association website: LINK

Comment

A couple of notes concerning the telecast:

First, as you can likely imagine, the production quality leaves a little to be desired, so don't be expecting ESPN in HD. At times, the camera work is a little shoddy, and one of the cameras seems to "fade out" colors.

Second, the announcers are decent, but also not world class. If Grady Bennett handles the analyst's role, he's actually excellent, but they only get him about half the time due to his other responsibilities (which include teaching, coaching and a bunch of charitable work). The play by play guy is fair, but don't expect Al Michaels. Obviously, their focus is toward the Griz, but I find them to be rather impartial and they tend to study the opposition in depth.

Enjoy the game, and Go Griz!

Comment

Working...
                X