This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a little preview from montana

no smack intended. but this is what you are looking forward too. THE BIG SHOW. (really just thought yall might like to see some footage of the griz) See ya sat guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-jt5ACBh2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vPLJ...eature=related

playoff opp. weber state
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coAZnEse_70

if you wanna see what our wr/returner is like and our rb start this one at about 4:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tCWDv_O7jE

and final one is the Cal Poly game. we played pretty bad. much like you did vs them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jowMb1La1eQ

Re: Here is a little preview from montana

Originally posted by mtgrizfankb View Post
    no smack intended. but this is what you are looking forward too. THE BIG SHOW. (really just thought yall might like to see some footage of the griz) See ya sat guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-jt5ACBh2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vPLJ...eature=related

playoff opp. weber state
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coAZnEse_70

if you wanna see what our wr/returner is like and our rb start this one at about 4:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tCWDv_O7jE

and final one is the Cal Poly game. we played pretty bad. much like you did vs them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jowMb1La1eQ
    Granted these are only the highlights, so it's hard to get a feel for the Montana football team. But after watching these I have a few comments. Montana has what appears to be numerous playmakers and dynamic play calling. Because of this, we are going to have to play gap sound defense to limit the big play capability. One of the glaring things I saw when I watched these few highlights, is that it appears the opposing teams get a very good push up front when running the ball. Their front four don't look that big, so I hope that we have a commitment to running the ball this week.

You can definitely tell that the style of football played in the Big Sky is considerably different than that of the MVC. Montana is a great team, but I think there is a very good chance of winning if we don't turn the ball over and play a ball control game. Not making any predictions here, but based on what I saw, the griz should be prepared to get smacked in the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jack43 View Post
      Granted these are only the highlights, so it's hard to get a feel for the Montana football team. But after watching these I have a few comments. Montana has what appears to be numerous playmakers and dynamic play calling. Because of this, we are going to have to play gap sound defense to limit the big play capability. One of the glaring things I saw when I watched these few highlights, is that it appears the opposing teams get a very good push up front when running the ball. Their front four don't look that big, so I hope that we have a commitment to running the ball this week.

You can definitely tell that the style of football played in the Big Sky is considerably different than that of the MVC. Montana is a great team, but I think there is a very good chance of winning if we don't turn the ball over and play a ball control game. Not making any predictions here, but based on what I saw, the griz should be prepared to get smacked in the mouth.
      all our videos can be found on youtube. i didnt want to annoy you with all the links. our o line averages i think 305 a player. our d has picked up late. our stand our CB TJ will show well agienst your passing game.(I HOPE) your D should have a good showing. SHOULD be a good game to see and it should be loud. have fun boys. this is griz nation

Comment

If any of you wabbit fans watched the highlights of our season, you might have noticed a few things. 1st of all our team is very physical. The running backs take great pleasure in punishing the would be tackler. Our backs usually push back the tacklers after initial contact and use the stiff are quite well too. The other thing is our WR Mark Mariani #80 is a total game breaker. He has very good hands and awesome speed, he flat out runs past guys even if they have the angle on him. The other thing you may have noticed is our massive offensive line! They are not only massive 304 lbs ave. but are tall with an average of 6'6". The height is an important aspect that you have never seen in a O line. NFL teams greatly value height because with height you get a long wing span. Your DE's will find it much more difficult To get around the end with our O lines massive wing spans. This will take 2-6 steps more for your DE to get to our Qb and that is alot in a pass rush. The other thing is our O line has great foot work and are not your typical knuckle dragging fat slob like you might have seen this year. The last thing you didnt notice is our 2-3 deep defense that platoons all game long. We are fast, strong and athletic with tremendous motors. Our D lays the wood and totally punishes ball carriers. This totally wears on our opponents particularly in the 3rd and 4th qtr. The last thing you may have noticed if your volume was turned up is how loud our stadium is, the noise was not digitally enhansed. Matter of fact it is even louder on the field. My family has season ticket to the Vikings and have been to dozens of games and our stadium is literally as loud as the dome, with only 27,000 people. Your team will have a hard time audiblizing and will have at least 3 false starts in the game. Your team may be good, but will not be prepared for what they will see on Saturday. Safe travels and may the best team win.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Cranium View Post
          If any of you wabbit fans watched the highlights of our season, you might have noticed a few things. 1st of all our team is very physical. The running backs take great pleasure in punishing the would be tackler. Our backs usually push back the tacklers after initial contact and use the stiff are quite well too. The other thing is our WR Mark Mariani #80 is a total game breaker. He has very good hands and awesome speed, he flat out runs past guys even if they have the angle on him. The other thing you may have noticed is our massive offensive line! They are not only massive 304 lbs ave. but are tall with an average of 6'6". The height is an important aspect that you have never seen in a O line. NFL teams greatly value height because with height you get a long wing span. Your DE's will find it much more difficult To get around the end with our O lines massive wing spans. This will take 2-6 steps more for your DE to get to our Qb and that is alot in a pass rush. The other thing is our O line has great foot work and are not your typical knuckle dragging fat slob like you might have seen this year. The last thing you didnt notice is our 2-3 deep defense that platoons all game long. We are fast, strong and athletic with tremendous motors. Our D lays the wood and totally punishes ball carriers. This totally wears on our opponents particularly in the 3rd and 4th qtr. The last thing you may have noticed if your volume was turned up is how loud our stadium is, the noise was not digitally enhansed. Matter of fact it is even louder on the field. My family has season ticket to the Vikings and have been to dozens of games and our stadium is literally as loud as the dome, with only 27,000 people. Your team will have a hard time audiblizing and will have at least 3 false starts in the game. Your team may be good, but will not be prepared for what they will see on Saturday. Safe travels and may the best team win.

You forgot to say they put their pants on two legs at a time, walk on water between the dressing room and the field, order room service in the middle of touchdown drives, beat a team of Sasquatches and Paul Bunyons 365-0, and will have the game ball delivered by the great-great grandsons of Amos Alonzo Stagg and Bronko Nagurski.

Cripes, why are we even showing up? Give the Gwissss the national championsip trophy for this year and the next two for good measure - they are Just That Good!

And for God's sake, PUT THE ENTIRE TEAM IN THE HALL OF FAME NOW. What are we waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            You forgot to say they put their pants on two legs at a time, walk on water between the dressing room and the field, order room service in the middle of touchdown drives, beat a team of Sasquatches and Paul Bunyons 365-0, and will have the game ball delivered by the great-great grandsons of Amos Alonzo Stagg and Bronko Nagurski.

Cripes, why are we even showing up? Give the Gwissss the national championsip trophy for this year and the next two for good measure - they are Just That Good!

And for God's sake, PUT THE ENTIRE TEAM IN THE HALL OF FAME NOW. What are we waiting for?
            Hey Pencil Neck, that was great introspective to my detailed facts of what our team brings to this game. We have won 2 national championships and have played in 4 others in the past 23 years! Thats an average of us playing for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP every 2 years, since 1995! Then when you add in a few Semi-final games its even that much more impressive. We are a Large state that has a small population and half or more of our starters are always MONTANA boys! We are damn proud of our boys and we put our record where our mouth is. We hear this crap year in and year out from the wanna be's, and every once in the while we take it on the chin, but usually we give it more than take it. The RECORD DOESN'T LIE! So when you wanna run with the dogs, PENCIL NECK, you have to stop pissin like the pups! Good LUCK! & Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Hey Pencil Neck, that was great introspective to my detailed facts of what our team brings to this game. We have won 2 national championships and have played in 4 others in the past 23 years! Thats an average of us playing for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP every 2 years, since 1995! Then when you add in a few Semi-final games its even that much more impressive. We are a Large state that has a small population and half or more of our starters are always MONTANA boys! We are damn proud of our boys and we put our record where our mouth is. We hear this crap year in and year out from the wanna be's, and every once in the while we take it on the chin, but usually we give it more than take it. The RECORD DOESN'T LIE! So when you wanna run with the dogs, PENCIL NECK, you have to stop pissin like the pups! Good LUCK! & Happy Thanksgiving.

WHAT CRAP? Also, forgot to add that any outdoor crowd of 20-odd-something that out-decibels an indoor crowd of 70-odd something deserves to be in the Crowd Hall of Fame, too. That is truly an unbelivable feat.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                WHAT CRAP? Also, forgot to add that any outdoor crowd of 20-odd-something that out-decibels an indoor crowd of 70-odd something deserves to be in the Crowd Hall of Fame, too. That is truly an unbelivable feat.
                just too let you know we do out decibel....most indoor stadiums....infact the big house has the same decibel rating as us. equal too a constant tone of a f-type fighter jet. ESPN did the decibel so it was not a homer reading either. you should give our fans alot of respect. sure there are a few that are over the top. but for the most part we are super loud...quiet on offense and just plain brutal on most teams. Im sorry but you should atleast give us some credit.

Comment

...So when you wanna run with the dogs, PENCIL NECK, you have to stop pissin like the pups! Good LUCK! & Happy Thanksgiving.
                  Mr. Noggin: Very impressive post!

Comment

When I first saw the alias mtgrizfankb, I thought he was from that Tyndall and Tabor area. But, I realized there was one too many vowels in the name to be from that special area.

(Mtgrizfankb -- don't worry about it...local ethnic joke)

Comment

just too let you know we do out decibel....most indoor stadiums....infact the big house has the same decibel rating as us. equal too a constant tone of a f-type fighter jet. ESPN did the decibel so it was not a homer reading either. you should give our fans alot of respect. sure there are a few that are over the top. but for the most part we are super loud...quiet on offense and just plain brutal on most teams. Im sorry but you should atleast give us some credit.
                      I'll take your word for it though I find it hard to believe, scientifically. but i respect the post...
                      but somebody coming on our board with the D... H... moniker, calling us Wabbits, doing this over-the-top brag post that concludes with the declaration that jacks won't be prepared, then demands respect and calls names when he gets a little sarcastic pushback... not so....
                      What IS the Montana definition of pencil neck, BTW?

Comment

Montana fans ARE loud, there is no doubt about that. I attend a fair number of Washington Husky games, and there is NO comparison: Wa-Griz is much louder (even when the Huskies were good....

That said, we also -- or at least the vast marjority of us (there are always a few unfortunate exceptions) -- respect our opponents, and rest assured, all sane fans in Griz Nation have complete respect for the Jacks' program.

Hope you can make it to Missoula. It's a terrific place, and I promise you that if you fly your SDSU colors downtown Friday or Saturday night, you won't have to reach for your wallet all night.

Comment

equal too a constant tone of a f-type fighter jet.
                          That's the sound of freedom, though. Wa-Griz is the sound of smugness.

Comment

I meant in the past 13 years NOT 23 years. My bad!

Comment

This thread has expired, IMHO.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X