Nidaros Okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidaros Okay?

A few weeks ago Nidaros said he had a medical problem. I noticed he hasn't been on the board lately. A little concerned as he would be knee deep in all these discussions. Anyone know if he's okay?

Re: Nidaros Okay?

See the Purdue GDT in Men's Basketball...he was hanging out there over the weekend.

Comment

Yeah I doing fine. I did not take my laptop when I went to Sidney Montana to visit family of a dear friend. At any rate, I had to find a Billings Gazzette on Monday to find out how the pairings for the playoff turned out, and I did read the Griz coverage in the Billings paper. The people I visited did not have high speed nor any internet, their choice, so was in the dark and lost the WNAX signal when we passed Valley City, ND.

I can't believe some old and stupid clown from Montana, (LakeGriz) who apparently has SD roots brings up some fifty year old story about Byron Luke and his father getting favorable treatment at SDSU because son Byron was a star as an eight grader in St Laurence SD, which has to be nearly 60 years ago. Reuben Frost was as honest as any Norweigian I ever met and he would never try some cockeye recruiting trick like getting some dad a job in order to recruit a future star. Frost was a pioneer in phyical education, but never would have done something like this. This has to be a tale that only old farts in St Laurence recall and the more times they bring it up the more truth is generated at least in their minds.

The Lukes got to Brookings on their own as far as I know. Byron was a better player for Brookings High School. I recall his as a real neat guy and might have peaked in basketball talents when he got to SDSU as Virg Riley and Dean Antoine were much better players and got more playing time than Byron Luke. I have not checked the media guide, but I believe Jim Sutton might have played ahead of Luke too.

So apparently there are older and more stupid people than myself who post on message boards. I hope we can take care of the Griz, but it looks like a real task for our guys and hopefully they will get the job done. After trying to catch up on reading threads, this non-sense was brought up by Lake Griz because we had attacked the integrity of the Montana AD. Even still this is 60 years ago if indeed there is any truth to what Lake Griz mentioned.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 11-27-2009, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        . . . So apparently there are older and more stupid people than myself who post on message boards. . .
        Personally, I'm finding that age does not automatically translate into wisdom, unfortunately . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Personally, I'm finding that age does not automatically translate into wisdom, unfortunately . . .
          You got that right pal and sir moderator

Comment

Working...
          X