YSU's Heacock resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSU's Heacock resigns

Youngstown State U's head football coach, John Heacock, has resigned.

Here's a link to the official YSU website with the announcement: LINK

Re: YSU's Heacock resigns

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Youngstown State U's head football coach, John Heacock, has resigned.

Here's a link to the official YSU website with the announcement: LINK
    Thanks for picking that up for us JJD. When I was at Youngstown for the game and in their tailgate area, I got the sense that this was probably going to happen as most were really down on him...before we beat them.

Comment

At least he went out with what I consider a quality win -- getting a W in the Fargodome is tough even in a bad Bison year. I have the impression Heacock is a pretty good guy.

Comment

I was out of range of WNAX so could not tell what was going on the SDSU-WIU game but had KFYR Bismarck on and NDSU kind of blew this game, and YSU pulled it out, but it probably was too little too late for Mr. Heacock. If the fans were down on him at the tailgate, its not surprising that he is resigning.

Comment

Word is that Brian Polian is interviewing for the job. He's the current Notre Dame special teams coach and a primo recruiter. He's also the son of Bill Polian -- the Indianapolis Colts prez.

Comment

the new rumor is that the job has been offered to Mark Stoops.... one of Bob Stoops brothers who is the defensive Cord. at Arizona.... the ND conspiracy theorist say that he is waiting to see if brother Bob will leave to go to Notre Dame (and bring him along) but the more likely siutation is he is waiting for the end of the season to make a decision....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              the new rumor is that the job has been offered to Mark Stoops.... one of Bob Stoops brothers who is the defensive Cord. at Arizona.... the ND conspiracy theorist say that he is waiting to see if brother Bob will leave to go to Notre Dame (and bring him along) but the more likely siutation is he is waiting for the end of the season to make a decision....
              rumor around Youngstown is that Stoops is a done deal.... controversy is though he is rumored to be getting paid $280,000 a year.... this years coach was making around $130,000

Comment

according to some rumor sites as well as some guys that claim inside knowledge on YSU's fan forum.... Mark Stoops is offered the job, has agreed to accept it pending the outcome of job openings in Louisville and maybe UNLV which he may have interviewed for..... Mark Stoops and his brothes Bob (Oklahoma) and Mike (Arizona) are from the area and there eldest brother is a high school defensive coordinator in Youngstown.... The deal is reported to be the same as what he makes at Arizona ($267,000) but I've heard with first year incentives as high as $285,000

If he backs out or is picked in one of the other jobs the rumor is YSU would pick Wolford the Offensive Line coach at South Carolina..... Other rumors have Carl Pelini as a possibility (he is Bo's brother and Nebraska's defensive coordinator) like the Stoops the Pelini's originate from the Youngstown area

Comment

Working...
                X