Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Congratulations Jacks! I can't wait to see you guys in Missoula, its a great town, great fans, great stadium, and great game day atmosphere. Make sure you make it out to the tail gates. Griz fans are generally a good sort for the most part, and will gladly accept you at their tailgates. Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations, Can't wait to see you at WA-GRIZ (you will have a great time win or lose)...If there is anyone traveling to Missoula, and wants info on the city, feel free to let me know and I will help you out. Here is to a great football game, and, again Congratulations!

Re: Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Thanks, and no disrespect to you as a person, but I have nothing but contempt for Montana football.

We could start off with the way Montana throws its weight around in the Big Sky (I believe 'over my dead body' were the terms and conditions the Montana prez. laid on the admission of Southern Utah to the conference), the way the Big Sky approved adding an underfunded sadsack whipping boy to the conference (UNC) over SUU.

We could move onto the caliber of players in the program.

We could talk about the disappearance of the return game from the SDSU home and home.

We could talk about any number of things, but, and I believe I speak for a great number of SDSU fans on this board, we don't like the Griz, and while we might find the fans conversible, we have no respect for the program whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizMonster View Post
      Congratulations Jacks! I can't wait to see you guys in Missoula, its a great town, great fans, great stadium, and great game day atmosphere. Make sure you make it out to the tail gates. Griz fans are generally a good sort for the most part, and will gladly accept you at their tailgates. Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations, Can't wait to see you at WA-GRIZ (you will have a great time win or lose)...If there is anyone traveling to Missoula, and wants info on the city, feel free to let me know and I will help you out. Here is to a great football game, and, again Congratulations!
      And the FCS coddling of Montana continues. The Yankees of the FCS bought a #1 seed again with a soft schedule and lots of guaranteed money!

Comment

Thanks, Griz. Could be an ugly week for you on the board the way it's started out.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          And the FCS coddling of Montana continues. The Yankees of the FCS bought a #1 seed again with a soft schedule and lots of guaranteed money!

You can think whatever you want...but, we beat a team handily you guys lost to at home, our conference got 3 teams in the playoffs, and now you have to come to the toughest place to play in the entire FCS. This is the same argument we got last year when we made the NC...How many play off teams did you guys have wins over this season?

Comment

You can think whatever you want...but, we beat a team handily you guys lost to at home, our conference got 3 teams in the playoffs, and now you have to come to the toughest place to play in the entire FCS. This is the same argument we got last year when we made the NC...How many play off teams did you guys have wins over this season?
            Montana beat SIU? When did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
              Thanks, Griz. Could be an ugly week for you on the board the way it's started out.
              Its okay, I actually really like the Jacks, and your conference. Some trash talk is part of being a fan, I wouldn't expect anything less from a fanbase of a good football team.

Comment

Do your homework. We did not lose to Cal Poly at home. I guess you decided to avoid an FBS game to pad your record.

Comment

Its okay, I actually really like the Jacks, and your conference. Some trash talk is part of being a fan, I wouldn't expect anything less from a fanbase of a good football team.
                  'Some' would not be the proper adjective to describe the level of trash talk that will be heaped on Montana this week.

As mentioned, SDSU institutionally does not care for Montana football, and the fans generally mirror that sentiment.

Let's just put it this way: There is no easier way to get a laugh out of anyone in the SDSU athletic department than by suggesting that the football team play Montana.

And it's not because SDSU is afraid of Montana. Its indicative of the level of contempt for the program.

---

Sorry you're caught in the crossfire; I'd advise you avoid defending the felony charges filed against Montana players, the deceitful conduct of Montana's AD, the Montana hegemony over Big Sky football, etc.

Comment

There is no rule that you have to schedule an FBS game. Montana doesn't need the money so why would they.

Fact is they won the conference that got 3 teams into the playoffs. Who was our best win? UNI?

I would have loved to see the Jacks host a game or have a better matchup but the FCS playoffs are only run a step above the DII playoffs. We are always going to be close to Montana, we better get used to playing there now.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Montana beat SIU? When did that happen?
                      Sorry, I mis-spoke. I was talking of Cal-Poly..which was an away game for you.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                        they won the conference that got 3 teams into the playoffs. Who was our best win? UNI?
                        And if UNI had chosen any other weekend to piddle a game down their leg, SDSU would be in a conference with three teams in the playoffs.

Weber State & UNI were basically a coin toss, so I don't give Montana any credit for playing in a conference with 'three playoff teams', as Weber State's resume was not significantly better than UNI's.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Do your homework. We did not lose to Cal Poly at home. I guess you decided to avoid an FBS game to pad your record.
                          No one schedules an FBS team to test the mettle of their team, or show how good they are. They schedule them because they need the money. Plain and simple. Montana makes more money with a home game than they would with an FBS game. Its really that straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            'Some' would not be the proper adjective to describe the level of trash talk that will be heaped on Montana this week.

As mentioned, SDSU institutionally does not care for Montana football, and the fans generally mirror that sentiment.

Let's just put it this way: There is no easier way to get a laugh out of anyone in the SDSU athletic department than by suggesting that the football team play Montana.

And it's not because SDSU is afraid of Montana. Its indicative of the level of contempt for the program.

---

Sorry you're caught in the crossfire; I'd advise you avoid defending the felony charges filed against Montana players, the deceitful conduct of Montana's AD, the Montana hegemony over Big Sky football, etc.

Its really nothing new, there is loads of trash talk directed towards U of M. Everybody hates Montana. Trash talk comes with the territory, and we just got through the Brawl Of The Wild, which is the granddaddy of all trash talk. Its alright, I wouldn't expect any less from passionate fans who want to win, especially in the playoffs.

Comment

GrizMonster, welcome. Not all people who are ardent Jackrabbit fans hold Montana in contempt. 17 straight years of making the playoffs is a tremendous accomplishment. Look forward to Saturday's game.

Comment

Working...
                              X