BSC team at CAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSC team at CAS?

I think we are going to host Eastern Washington at CAS. Why? I can't explain why except to say we have a resume that puts us at the top of the list of at-large bids in a a conference where the auto-bid is the best team in the nation. In addition, I am confident that our admin submitted one heck of a bid to host. SO, I think we host either EWU or Weber. I don't see them sending us to Montana and I don't see them sending EWU or Weber any further east than SD. Again, see you in Brookings, I'll be buying as many tickets as they will let me.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: BSC team at CAS?

Last week my hopes of a home game were slim, but now with the chance of 3 Big Sky teams in the playoffs, that makes us hosting a heck of a lot more likely. I would guess they'll take a 7-4 Weber team over a 7-4 UNI team, so if we get one at home, can we thank UNI??

EWU stadium only holds 8,600
    Weber's holds 17,000

So in terms of size we host EWU and go to Weber BUT

Average Attendance as of Nov 15

55 Weber St. 6780
    71 EWU 5366

Vs

17 SDSU 13265
    Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
      Last week my hopes of a home game were slim, but now with the chance of 3 Big Sky teams in the playoffs, that makes us hosting a heck of a lot more likely. I would guess they'll take a 7-4 Weber team over a 7-4 UNI team, so if we get one at home, can we thank UNI??

EWU stadium only holds 8,600
      Weber's holds 17,000

So in terms of size we host EWU and go to Weber BUT

Average Attendance as of Nov 15

55 Weber St. 6780
      71 EWU 5366

Vs

17 SDSU 13265
      No way they send a SDSU team that finished 7-1 in the MVFC out to anyone but Montana and I don't think they send us out there. If we travel it will be south and SFA has nothing on us. I don't think they will send us to McNeese. I think we host Weber if they are in or EWU if Weber is left out.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I think we are going to host Eastern Washington at CAS. Why? I can't explain why except to say we have a resume that puts us at the top of the list of at-large bids in a a conference where the auto-bid is the best team in the nation. In addition, I am confident that our admin submitted one heck of a bid to host. SO, I think we host either EWU or Weber. I don't see them sending us to Montana and I don't see them sending EWU or Weber any further east than SD. Again, see you in Brookings, I'll be buying as many tickets as they will let me.
        I sure hope your right, the only thing that I see going against us is they don't care too much about your resume once they get past seeding the top four teams from what I've heard from AGS and ChampionshipSubdivision.com, its more based on proximity and conference affiliation (not playing conf. mates in first round). We unfortunately are the closest to Montana, I think, giving us a high probability of being sent there. I'm hoping we get paired against SFA, cause I think the cold of CAS in November would have an affect on those TX kids. Heres to hoping!
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          I sure hope your right, the only thing that I see going against us is they don't care too much about your resume once they get past seeding the top four teams from what I've heard from AGS and ChampionshipSubdivision.com, its more based on proximity and conference affiliation (not playing conf. mates in first round). We unfortunately are the closest to Montana, I think, giving us a high probability of being sent there. I'm hoping we get paired against SFA, cause I think the cold of CAS in November would have an affect on those TX kids. Heres to hoping!
          Look at it this way. Let's say we play Drake or SELA or some other weak FCS team instead of flying out to Poly and losing a game because or QB got hurt. We are 9-2 with our only FCS loss against the #1 team in the nation and then we are wondering about a seed. I am obviously biased and happy to be that way. SDSU is all about DI FCS and what it means to our institution. Let us shine, let us promote, let us make a niche in the upper midwest east of Montana.

Comment

Its all up to $$$, at least with Weber they could bid 17,000 knowing they would take a loss, REMEMBER bids are opened AFTER the field is set. For all I know Weber didn't even make a bid thinking they weren't going to make it, or submitted the highest they could of thinking they weren't going to make it, or they submitted a bid to go along with their avg att. The only places we'd be sent (without some crazy bid against us) is Montana and McNeese St.
            Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Ok how does this work? I've got several people that want tickets if they get a home game. Do I get my two season ticket seats and then 8 others elsewhere?

Comment

The way I understand it and it is confusing that it is a number of things, but I think SDSU's chances of hosting improved quite a bit..... Though the bid/facilities scares me a bit, I just don't know how they could make Montana play an 8-3 team, and I don't see how it makes sense to send SDSU anywhere else....

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  Ok how does this work? I've got several people that want tickets if they get a home game. Do I get my two season ticket seats and then 8 others elsewhere?
                  Here is the ticket info. I will order my season tickets and a bunch more as soon as I can get a hold of someone Monday.

IF a Home Game - Season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase the seats they had during the regular season at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. General public will be able to purchase tickets through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office. Tickets will go on sale Monday at 1:00 pm.

Tickets for a home playoff game will be available for purchase online at GOJACKS.com, over the phone at 1.866.GOJACKS or at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

IF an Away Game - Season ticket holders and the general public will be able to purchase tickets through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office starting on Monday at 1:00 pm.

Tickets for a road playoff game will be available for purchase over the phone at 1.866.GOJACKS or at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

Priority Parking Passes and Tailgating

Priority parking passes and season tailgating passes will be valid for all playoff games held at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Subsequent Rounds

Should the Jacks qualify for the 16 team playoff field and advance to the second round, the location of a Quarterfinal game would be determined no later than Sunday, November 29. Ticket protocol for this contest would be similar to that listed above.

We thank you for your continued support of Jackrabbit Athletics and look forward to seeing you throughout this historic postseason run by your Jackrabbit Football team.

GO BIG. GO BLUE. GO JACKS

Comment

Ok so I've done some more edumacating myself, and have to agree with you md. With the three BSC teams likely to be in, and UNI losing, it does seem more likely that they send Stephen F. Austin to Montana, and Weber or E. Washington to us. I highly doubt that either of those teams would outbid us, since I would hope that we put in a pretty darn sizeable bid based off the excitement of the first time in the playoffs. This is why your the doc, once again!
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Man, I made up a huge write up about how the playoff bracket was going to pan out last week and now UNI loses, which completely screws that prediction up!... but hey, I'll trade a prediction made in vain for a home playoff game any day of the week !!!

Now with UNI out of the picture (though you never know) and possibly 3 Big Sky teams in the mix, our fortunes has shifted from being shipped to Louisiana to that of very likely hosting a home playoff game. It's not over till the fat lady sings...errr... selection board decides the playoff bracket, but if I were a gambing man, I'd put a cool $100 on the Jacks playing their first round game at the CAS!!!!
                      Last edited by Kemo; 11-22-2009, 12:09 AM.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm going to assume SDSU will be sent to Montana so that, for once, I have a chance of being pleasantly surprised by what the NCAA does (although, in all fairness, the soccer seeding last fall was quite generous------unless you were Colorado).

Comment

So here is the play-off picture out west.

In
                          SDSU
                          Montana
                          McNese
                          SFA
                          SIU

Bubble (2 of 3 likely get in)
                          UNI
                          Eastern Washington
                          Weber State

So making the assumption that 3 BSC teams make it, and SIU is paired with Eastern Illinois.

The BSC has to be matched with non-BSC opponents.

SFA @ Montana
                          WSU @ McNese
                          EWU @ SDSU
                          EIU @ SIU

If UNI somehow sneaks in that changes everything.

EIU @ SIU
                          SDSU @ Montana
                          SFA @ UNI
                          Weber/EWU @ McNese

It would better for the MVFC for UNI to get in, but likely better for SDSU if they don't.
                          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

LR Forecast for Saturday in Brookings: 43 and sunny.
                            Perfect playoff weather.

Comment

I'm with the good doctor on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X