Representing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Representing

I, for one, am happy to see the best of the Dakota schools representing the MVFC conference in the DI football playoffs. We did the same in soccer, women's BB, we lead the way in cross country and have the best men's BB team in the region at this time. The rest of the Dakota schools will continue to aspire to be like us. Coach Stig will never toot his own horn, I'll do it for him. NDSU had a little flash in men's BB good luck finding it again.

This board is too quiet. We are heading to the playoffs in DI football. There is no greater reason than that to be excited. Imagine if you were yote 53 or forever or fan and had to watch the success we are having. Either you act bitter or you pretend to be a supporter. Either way you are stuck watching us excel, begging for games with SDSU and looking for tickets to see your team in Brookings (which by the way I can provide).

Okay, sorry for antagonizing (not really) I can wait for the rivalry as "they" want to call it to renew. We'll just keep beating whoever we need to.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Representing

...let me also add that the Bizun have just wrapped up a very successful losing weekend, all at home (MBB, WBB, FB & VB). Head on over to bisonville to pick up the pieces if you get a chance!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Bummer for the NDSU VB team. They won't find the path to next season's championship so smoothly paved.

Swim/Dive have had a pretty good weekend so far---

Not fantastic. But Rice & Nebraska-Lincoln spend considerably more on their swim/dive program than SDSU. Katie Budahl broke the school record for the 100M breast stroke for the fourth time.

Today's press release for the men hasn't been posted, but they were just behind Iowa at the end of competition yesterday.

Comment

This bison faithful have called for every one to fired, retired, traded (they are a professional league team, ie NFL NBA) when are they going to march and burn down the FargoDome?

Comment

NDSU and Notre Dame. Past glory meets "What have you done for me lately?" And the reality is, that kind of domination ain't coming back.

Comment

SDSU versus the Dakotas. The firsts

SDSU W Soccer First team in NCAA's, first win in tourney, first in second round.
            W Volleyball First team in NCAA
            W Basketball First team in NCAA second win in tourney second team in second round. Tied for first in three point field goals in tourney, set record for margin of victory in a 7-10 seed game.
            M Football First team in NCAA tourney.

NDSU M Basketball First team in NCAA tourney
            W Volleyball second team in NCAA
            (oh yea M Football eight NCAA D2 championships)

USD ho humm
            UND M hockey first team in NCAA, First National Championships (but its hockey so who cares right)

Did I miss anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
              NDSU and Notre Dame. Past glory meets "What have you done for me lately?" And the reality is, that kind of domination ain't coming back.
              It can either be confining or liberating to divorce from past "glories." Most posters over on Bisonville are still in the former category. Jacks' fans had to confront early the problems in men's basketball, which has had a pretty storied history in Brookings. Our liberation came early. But for the most part, no one ever got as whiny or angry as many of the FB posters over on B-Ville.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                SDSU versus the Dakotas. The firsts ...

UND M hockey first team in NCAA, First National Championships (but its hockey so who cares right)

Did I miss anything.
                Yes. You didn't answer the question "who cares". I'll fix it: Not many. (I'd like to say "Nobody" but I have some good friends who like hockey. -- I have friends who drink too much, too.)

Comment

Hockey, Sheesh! At least it's warm at Rodeo.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

SDSU W Soccer First team in NCAA's, first win in tourney, first in second round.
                    W Basketball First team in NCAA second win in tourney second team in second round. Tied for first in three point field goals in tourney, set record for margin of victory in a 7-10 seed game.

USD ho humm

Did I miss anything.
                    You did forget NDSU softball, first in NCAA and first to get three wins in a NCAA tournament.

I don't know how you can measure track but NDSU has had some nice accomplishments there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      You did forget NDSU softball, first in NCAA and first to get three wins in a NCAA tournament.

I don't know how you can measure track but NDSU has had some nice accomplishments there as well.
                      Of course NCAA softball has a freaking bizarre format.

NDSU got to the sweet 16, which is cool. 2 seconds and 2 points before SDSU did....

Comment

USD ho humm

Did I miss anything.
                        Yes, the run to the SuperRegional by the NDSU softball team last year.

I will add is SDSU is the role model for schools making the transition of D-II to D-I. Gulf Coast Florida used SDSU's success for WNIT hosting to host So FL last year. And Jacks have done it with top ACADEMIC athletes.

Will Danny Batten become our first Buck Buchanan award winner?

Comment

Working...
                        X