Car audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car audio

Anyone on SDSUfans a car audio nut? If so, I have a question for you...

Basically, I'm looking to sell my system, but have no idea what to ask for it...I don't really know much about resale of this sort of thing..it could be worth $400 or it could be worth $50...I have no clue.

Here's what I've got: 1 12" Kicker CVR in a box and a Kicker KX120.2 amplifier. I'm not even sure what the amp runs as far as wattage. I think its 120 RMS and the sub can push 800....if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing, reply here or pm me. Thanks.

Also, I don't know if the mods will deem this spam or not, but if so, that's fine.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Car audio

We just want to know the answer.

Comment

How old is the system? That is probably what is going to determine the price. I will admit I am not a Kicker fan, more of a Rockford Fosgate man myself, but Kicker is a fairly popular brand. Another factor will be how hard you have used it along with what the original purchase price of it. Amazon and eBay may help you in pricing.

12" subs are probably the most popular size of sub out there (though I have have found 4 10" subs do the trick, too ). I would suggest selling that with the enclosure as it would appear more appealing. I would think you could get $75-$150 for that depending on its condition and the above factors. Since I am unfamiliar with Kicker products, I may be off on the value of the sub and what it can handle.

KX120.2 amplifier supplies power of 30 W (rms) x 2 channels at 4 ohms or 60 W (rms) x 2 channels at 2 ohms or if you bridged it, 120 W (rms) x 1 channel. This is a relatively small amp that I would most likely use to power some component speakers or use its bridge capability to power a small sub. I would see you at most getting $100 for this, depending on the condition of the amp and the above factors.

So for the entire system you getting about $250 for it. I would do a bit more research first before quoting me on it. You could get more for it, but you could also get less. I hope that can answer you question.

Comment

Rowdy, check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
          Rowdy, check your PM
          Check. Check yours as well.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
          X