Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone for moving the season to November?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for moving the season to November?

I think the thread says it all. Baseball in November rather then April? Just a thought.

Re: Anyone for moving the season to November?

Spring has definitely been brutal the past few years. You figure out how to get the season switched to fall and I'm there. Until then, just keep hoping that winter ends mid March instead of Mid June.

Comment

I think we need to have an option clause for the season; years when it snows 20 days in November will probably have a better April. If it is dry and pushing 60 -70 degrees for a couple of weeks in November, April is likely to be horrid.

It sure would make for some interesting games and much shorter life spans of coaches.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
        I think the thread says it all. Baseball in November rather then April? Just a thought.
        I was being sarcastic in my original post. But I would be a huge fan of moving the high school baseball season to the fall and high school football to the spring. Would that be a college coaches (football & baseball) dream? Much, much easier to recruit players and give them a good look.

Before traditionalists jump down my throat. Think about it. If you started football in early spring your early games would be played in the worst weather of the season. As the season moved through the spring the weather should get better. The playoff games would be played in the best weather of the season, rather than the worst weather. This year the high school semifinals were played on a great day but I remember many semi final games being played in terrible weather (2008).

Baseball in my vision would start following the legion season and end in mid October. Generally the weather is better for baseball in the fall (here in the Upper Midwest) compared to the spring.

At the college level the decisions follow the dollars and this idea would have no chance of passing. Also in SD this has no chance until baseball becomes a high school league sanctioned sport.

Comment

In Iowa they actually start their high school baseball season much later then anywhere else and it ends either at the end of June or early July.

Comment

Too bad we don't have more people in the Northern latitudes, your idea might get some support. Then again, I like the sparse population and all the benefits that come with open spaces. Heck, November has been nicer than June was.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would say splitting the season up between fall and spring is the way to go. Much like the college seasons golf and tennis.

Comment

Working...
              X