Coach Stig's name being floated around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Stig's name being floated around

Out here in Vegas for a work and was listening to local sport programing. UNLV has fired their coach after 5 years, so the announcers and fans are ripping on him. They had a guest on and were talking about possible replacements, after talking about 3 or so, the guest said what about the coach from South Dakota State. They went on to talk about the Minnesota game and how soild the FB team was etc.................... They talked about what Trussel did after leaving Youngstown for Ohio State.

That pretty neat to be way out here and the FBS school are talking about stealing the head coach from little SD State.
    MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
    http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
    http://gojacks.com

Re: Coach Sig,s name being floated around

That is pretty cool. Although of all the places in America for Stig to go, I don't think it would be Vegas

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
    Out here in Vegas for a work and was listening to local sport programing. UNLV has fired their coach after 5 years, so the announcers and fans are ripping on him. They had a guest on and were talking about possible replacements, after talking about 3 or so, the guest said what about the coach from South Dakota State. They went on to talk about the Minnesota game and how soild the FB team was etc.................... They talked about what Trussel did after leaving Youngstown for Ohio State.

That pretty neat to be way out here and the FBS school are talking about stealing the head coach from little SD State.

Comment

That's really cool that somebody noticed what a great job Stig is doing. Jacks-02 is right. I can't imagine him ever going to Las Vegas... but it's fun that people are realizing that he's a heck of a coach.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

One article I read mentioned Pat Hill. I really don't see how UNLV would be a move up from Fresno State for Hill.

Comment

I know he's having a rough stretch, but Craig Bohl anyone?
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

It's pretty "neat" until the guy leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
              It's pretty "neat" until the guy leaves.

I doubt Stig's going anywhere. The guy, IMO, has no taste for big time FBS ball--and I think he'd rightly view any MAC, Sun-Belt, or crap-CUSA program as, at best, a lateral move.

I don't think he'd like to make the compromises that would come with a move to that level.

He's also very loyal to SDSU and, on multiple occasions, described this as his 'dream job'.

Comment

I think for Coach Stig or any of the SDSU main coaches it would take a perfect job for them to leave..... Not saying that if UNLV goes to Stig says they'll give him a huge salary increase with the understanding that they would fund the program to the top needs that he wouldn't think about it.... but I think it would take the perfect job for him to leave..... $120,000 is quite a bit in Brookings SD.....

Comment

Stig ... Las Vegas ... now THAT'S funny. He's about as opposite of Sin City as anybody I know.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    I know he's having a rough stretch, but Craig Bohl anyone?
                    That would be a whale of a choice for UNLV.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      *Haha!*
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        I think for Coach Stig or any of the SDSU main coaches it would take a perfect job for them to leave..... Not saying that if UNLV goes to Stig says they'll give him a huge salary increase with the understanding that they would fund the program to the top needs that he wouldn't think about it.... but I think it would take the perfect job for him to leave..... $120,000 is quite a bit in Brookings SD.....
                        ... and $420K is quite a bit no matter where you live. That's what the current UNLV coach makes (second lowest in their conference, by the way), and the next one will likely make more. Each of the coordinators at UNLV make more than Stig currently does.

I like Stig a ton and hope he stays in Brookings until he retires (and longer), but it would be hard for anybody to turn down a 4x (or more) salary increase because they are currently at their dream job.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/coach-get...-70263317.html

"In discussing his firing on Monday, Sanford spent nearly all of 27 minutes talking about a lack of support from the community and university while also continuously citing poor facilities as reasons for the Rebels not winning."
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          That is pretty cool. Although of all the places in America for Stig to go, I don't think it would be Vegas
                          $1,000,000 annually vs. $150,000 (?)

I hope he isn't offererd for your sakes, but you have to know if offered, he is out of there for that much money. Not only that, his assistants pay would triple. It is indeed an honor that he would be named as a potential, that is a credit to the work he has done.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Craig just might feel the urge to move on. I believe he just remarried a Fargo lady and don't think that will stop him from moving on

Comment

If you go back in time some, it isn't that far a stretch for your coach to be offered in places like UNLV. In 1975, Joe Salem went from USD to Northern Arizona to Minnesota. Joe Glen had a similar path after being on Salems staff.

The coach at South Florida coached at Morningside. I am just saying if he is offered a financial package for his entire staff, that will go into the equation as well. How you stop it now is to raise money for him and staff and thwart any such talk.

I have one request. If he is offered, and he accepts, please leave Meierkort alone and go elsewhere for your next coach. I know that you all are very fond of our coach, and would be tempting to make Ed an offer.

(let the onslaught begin)

Comment

Working...
                              X