11/16 FCS Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/16 FCS Polls

SDSU is at #12 across the board this week (AGS, Sports Network, & Coaches).

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...s-polls?blog=5
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: 11/16 FCS Polls

And ranked BEHIND Northern Iowa who sits at #9. How does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post

No doubt! Just in time for UNI to get a playoff spot and the Jacks left on the outside looking in.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think we are in with a win over WIU, but these playoffs are as political as the old DII playoffs and just have a feeling we could get hosed!

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
          That is absolute BS.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            I think we are in with a win over WIU, but these playoffs are as political as the old DII playoffs and just have a feeling we could get hosed!
            The good news for SDSU is that the amount of eligible teams is really low. If NAU beats EWU and Montana beats Montana State you have nothing to worry about as long as you take care of business. Things might get interesting if Montana State upsets the Griz though, if there was ever a weekend to be a Montana fan this is it.

As for the polls, they are always harder on teams that lose late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
              That is absolute BS.

I agree with the BS thing. Head to head should have a huge impact on rankings. We both lost to the #1 ranked team in our league and both to a big ten school.

That said, we have the playoffs clearly in our sights with a win over Western Ill this Saturday. No way we lose that game. The defense is solid, special teams are good and the offense will be adequate. If we can snap the ball from center to QB things will be just fine.

GBGBGJ

Comment

From what I heard on AGS the committee is instructed to take into account head to head results when considering teams with similar records for a playoff spot. Also, just because you are a certain spot in the polls doesn't mean that would be your playoff seed (if they seed all 16 that is), as it is very likely the 1-4 places in the polls will not be seeded in that order by the playoff committee.

That being said, I have zero doubt that if both SDSU and UNI win this Saturday, both will be in the playoffs... though I could definitely see UNI get a home game while we get sent to Montana, as home field advantage is largely based off bids when considering anyone outside the top 4 seeds.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

If SDSU beats WIU by a pretty comanding margin and SDSU gets left out I think the conference and the athletic department will go crazy.....

Comment

I hope we go to Montana. This is the year we beat them in their house.

Comment

Kemo and some others are right about the politics, but more importantly, it's the money angle. I hate to admit it, but, UNI may get in on history alone. Still, that shouldn't upset Jacks fans. Just strap on the headgear, go where you have to go and win, that's all it takes. UNI and dozens of other teams have had to do it over the last 30 years and, in each of those years, there are complainers (not that I'm accusing Jacks people of doing that, necessarily). Welcome to FCS football. And, I don't think you guys have to fear not getting in. You absolutely will get in. The thing you ant to avoid is the first-year-in-the-playoffs-pee-down-the-leg syndrome. Happened to SIU a few times.

Also, some voters feel that the games UNI played v SDSU and SIU were so tight that all three teams are virtually equal. It's not as simple as win or lose v this team or that. Re UNI v SDSU, the feeling may be that the home team would win when they play. Also, SIU didn't steamroll UNI as they did the Rabbits in Brookings.

Go Jacks! If you guys have a home game and UNI is too far away, I'm going to Brookings to watch you guys win.

Last edited by CapnCat; 11-17-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        If SDSU beats WIU by a pretty comanding margin and SDSU gets left out I think the conference and the athletic department will go crazy.....

Ain't gonna happen. Your spot is much more secure than UNI's, but we both hafta win Saturday. Yeah, they like teams with history and bidding cash, but they also like newbies!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          I hope we go to Montana. This is the year we beat them in their house.
                          Nothing would make me happier. Nothing SDSU football related anyway.

Comment

Danger, were you there for the 7-0 game? or just the following year?
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                              Danger, were you there for the 7-0 game? or just the following year?
                              Both.

Their Coach is a jerk. Their players were a bunch of thugs. Their fans were a classless bunch.

I know it's not a Smack thread, that's just facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X