• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Gopher Game Story

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/70119137.html

Re: Funny Gopher Game Story

Great article.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

That's a double knock article. Yes, it takes pot shots at the Gophers but the writer makes SDSU out to be a non-quality opponent. Of course the writer shows how little he knows by making it sound as if us losing to Southern Illinois is proof that the Jacks aren't that good. There are times when I think some elitist Minnesota folks believe the United States ends at their western border.

Comment

Guess I didn't read it that way, which parts did you think were so bad?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

"Fear the Jackrabbit"

My new favorite cheer/sign.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Definitely felt that large portions were making fun of the Gophs at the Jacks' expense.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Just read it again, and I don't see it. I thought the whole article was a huge slam at the U of MN program. SDSU was put in only because we were the the FCS team that did it to them. It could have been App State, SIU, Montana and the same thing would have been written. It is the fact that the Gophers that had every advantage you could give a team, got a win they didn't deserve.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The yippedeehooha from this game just continues on.

Comment

Working...
                X