Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois

Are we disappointed after yesterday? Yes, but we essentially have play-off games from here on out. Let's go Jacks and rebound with a big win at Western.

Re: Western Illinois

It's a must-win for the Rabbits.

How will they respond to the past two disappointing weeks?

I'm of the opinion they'll come out on fire. We'll see on Saturday.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      It's a must-win for the Rabbits.

How will they respond to the past two disappointing weeks?

I'm of the opinion they'll come out on fire. We'll see on Saturday.
      I wouldn't be surprised if this is a beatdown along the lines of ISU Trees, or GA Southern.

After UNI won without a score by WIU, Jacks D will be out to do the same.

Minett has a 150 yd day, and Duffy 75+. O'Brian pulled at half time because of blow-out to save for first round of play-offs. 'Tis not a good season in Macomb.

Comment

how are WIU's freshman coming along? maybe they will "win one for the gipper" or coach patterson in their final game, does he still have cancer? just wondering. SDSU should roll easily and get ready for their trip to montana in 2 weeks.

Comment

I'm guessing RC may play since it is the last regular season game. TOB will need some reps to sharpen up, but think we will see RC also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            I'm guessing RC may play since it is the last regular season game. TOB will need some reps to sharpen up, but think we will see RC also.
            I'd hope the starting QB position is settled and we don't get another flip-flop during the game based on performance. I think the only way RC plays much is if we have a sizable second half lead, which is possible. Would be nice if we could build a 30'ish point lead and give the 4th quarter to Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
              how are WIU's freshman coming along? maybe they will "win one for the gipper" or coach patterson in their final game, does he still have cancer? just wondering. SDSU should roll easily and get ready for their trip to montana in 2 weeks.
              The team is in a shambles. I don't think that's going to happen. And so much is being rumored about Patterson's departure that I doubt the team, if loyal to him, would want to win one for the new guy (of course they want to win for themselves, but I don't think Patterson is going to provide any extra motivation).

Going to Montana is the worst possible outcome, and I've resigned myself to it in the hopes that the NCAA's decision will leave me pleased and not thoroughly cheesed off, for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                I'd hope the starting QB position is settled and we don't get another flip-flop during the game based on performance. I think the only way RC plays much is if we have a sizable second half lead, which is possible. Would be nice if we could build a 30'ish point lead and give the 4th quarter to Crawford.
                Agreed, no more flip-flopping. TOB needs all the field time he can get on the road.

This is going to be a destruction. What is the single game sack record in the conference? Batten's anger may lead him to the record books against WIU.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  The team is in a shambles. I don't think that's going to happen.
                  I'll say. Check out their fan board. Talk about some dejected fans. Wow.

http://www.leathernecknation.com/Forum15-1.aspx
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Addition to my last post. Domino has his third pick six of the year and about 15 more tackles.

Through my blue and yellow glasses, Domino should be in high consideration for MVFC defensive player of the year. Theeeee player of the year in my mind.

I know the three d-linemen (including Batten) and the linebacker from SIU may all be above him in the voter's minds, but as someone who has watched 6 games and one on tv, Domino has been the best player on the defensive side game in and game out. His pick six against NDSU started the downfall of the Bison in that game, he had to have had 25 tackles against UNI, his pick six against YSU finally was what the Jacks needed in that sloppy offensive game and the same can be said of the pick six against UofM.

In discussion with the Gopher fans I was tailgating with on Saturday Domino came up and I said "yeah, he's from Spring Lake Park". And they all looked at me in an expression of how in the hell is he not a Gopher?

And he's only a junior. Derek Domino, great name, great player. MVFC Defensive POY in my mind.

Comment

Not much talk on this thread. I hope the players are more focused than us fans on getting the win this week. . . I hope it's a forgone conclusion, but the last thing you want to do is look past ANY MVFC opponent, especially on the road.

1-0 Saturday, then watch this board light up the closer we get to the selection show Sunday.

Comment

I understand their field was a mess when NDSU played them. Lets hope this corn picking weather hit Western Illinois as well as the Dakotas. A muddy field could affect the game and give us injuries we dont need.

If we play ball we should win.

Comment

The players I have talked to are pretty ornery this week. And the WIU fans and team seem completely demoralized.

SDSU 41
                          WIU 3

WIU fans say since their Thanksgiving (Fall) break starts Thursday this week, they expect maybe 800 to 1,000 fans at the game.

Wow.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

"The Massacre in Macomb" or "The Macomb Mauling"

31-0

The Jacks put up nearly as many points as WIU gets yards. Ok, that might be a little exaggerated, but heck, I'm ornery from the last two weeks, I'm guessing as JimmyJack said, the players have to be also.

Comment

A note to AGS pollsters - Voting is ONLY a 10 HOUR window of 11 PM to 9 AM on Sat/Sun.

So stay up late, or get up early if participating!

Hope to see Jacks crack top 10, but likely to stay # 11/12. Only way Jacks jump up is if Elon tanks against Samford, or UNI collapses

Comment

Working...
                              X