This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Who Can Beat Cal Poly and Guess Who Can't

Yep that's right the mighty U-Dot as you would prefer to say is who beat Cal Poly. USD wins second place in their division and SDSU loses to the last place team in that same division. It was even a road game. As tough as this season is, it's been better to be a Coyote fan during the last two weeks. 0-2 for the Jacks and 2-0 for the Yotes. Booooyyyyyaaahhhhh!!!
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Guess Who Can Beat Cal Poly and Guess Who Can't

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Yep that's right the mighty U-Dot as you would prefer to say is who beat Cal Poly. USD wins second place in their division and SDSU loses to the last place team in that same division. It was even a road game. As tough as this season is, it's been better to be a Coyote fan during the last two weeks. 0-2 for the Jacks and 2-0 for the Yotes. Booooyyyyyaaahhhhh!!!
    Congrats. That is a great win for USD. Especially on the road considering the recent struggles away from the dome. It will be nice for the yotes to hang their hat on during recruiting. Nice way to end the year.

However, since this is in the smack section, I have to at least make an effort- so, see you guys in the playoffs? Oh wait, how did that game end up with uni?

All right. I'm done. Nice game USD.
    Last edited by KUlawJack; 11-15-2009, 11:15 AM.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Yeah. As Dan Ackroyd says in Tommy Boy, "Savor the flavor kid, it won't happen again."

Comment

Our game was a defensive game, Udot was in a offensive show down, thats football. You dont have to be the best team in the country, just the best team in the stadium. I was thinking that cal poly was not playing as well since we played them but not to take away from USD.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What was that USD-UNI score? 66 to . . . just watching?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            What was that USD-UNI score? 66 to . . . just watching?
            66 to 0 +/- 7 points for statistical error.

Comment

Coyote Fan, come on. You have been bashing the USD football program on your fan board and then you come here and gloat?

Comment

Congratulations to USD, that is everyone except Coyote fan. He does not deserve it. He has been a naughty boy all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Congratulations to USD, that is everyone except Coyote fan. He does not deserve it. He has been a naughty boy all season long.
                  He gets plenty of crap from the gang at the Coyote board. The roller coaster ride of transition is particularly tough on bipolar fans like CF.

It is a great win for USD. Congrats to their seniors. They're really going to miss Shepard.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hey Jack fans, congrats on what seems to be a very good performance yesterday at Minnesota. Your D must have played huge.

Regarding what started this thread, I agree. CF has bashed our program on our board, and I have been a critic of his posts as well. For the rest of us, it was a great win for our program.

The UNI game was horrific, one we'd love to forget, but never will. But the win yesterday I think indicates we are on the right path. We graduated a fair amount of seniors, so we best strap it on next fall if we want to build on what we did this year.

It does show what a goofy thing college football is. On our board, Cal-Poly is a good team that we beat. And I know this is smack, but some posters on here make it sound like Cal-Poly dismissed their top 40 players after the SDSU game as a way to make them feel better I guess. We did beat a team that you didn't, but you pounded a team that obliviated us, so let's part this way by saying I think you have established yourselves amongst the top teams in FCS football, and our goal 3 years from now is to be trying to position ourselves amongst the best.

The only true way we will ever have bragging rights for our schools is to play each other, and that may not happen for awhile, so the next best thing is to use comparitive scores.

Best wishes Saturday. Then kick some arse in the playoffs.
                    Last edited by yoteforever; 11-15-2009, 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

on the yote board, coyote fan says "Usd was a dropped INT and other misfortune from beating cal davis and winning the conference." i guess the same could be said of sdsu. if crawford doesnt get hurt against cal poly, we probably win. if we dont miss those two field goals yesterday, we win. the what ifs that every team has every week when they get beat. coyote fans comment came in a thread named "usd finishes 2nd place in great west." of course, they tied with two other teams for 2nd in the 5 team conference. so you could also say they got 4th place out of 5, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        Congrats to the 'Yoties on there win yesterday. I couldn't believe when I heard the score. Pisses me off, but kudos to the U for what can only be considered a good win.

Comment

I was listening to part of the game and from what it sounded like both teams left the defenses in the locker room at halftime. Td U td cp, td u td cp etc. Sounds like poly just ran out of time or the result could have been different coming from twnty some down and losing on a botched two point conversion to tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                            Coyote Fan, come on. You have been bashing the USD football program on your fan board and then you come here and gloat?

He was for the Coyotes before he was against them and now he's for them again. Musta missed the booyahs after the UNI slaughter.

Comment

I'm actually glad that USD won, now they have to keep their head coach. That program will not be a top 10 program in FCS with that coach.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                              X