Good game Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good game Jacks

You guys played tough--your LB's looked strong. Your RB looked good too. I knew it would be a hard fought game (never came here to boast predictions).

Hope your fans who made the trip enjoyed the Twin Cities and the new stadium!

Good luck in the play offs

Re: Good game Jacks

Thanks for the kind words,you've got class giving us respect for playing good defense, un-like some on the gopher hole board. Posters who think they should of stomped the " glorified" H.S. team into the field turf...if it wasn't for either thier coach or thier QB holding them back from reaching thier " true" potential.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Thanks for the kind words,you've got class giving us respect for playing good defense, un-like some on the gopher hole board. Posters who think they should of stomped the " glorified" H.S. team into the field turf...if it wasn't for either thier coach or thier QB holding them back from reaching thier " true" potential.
      Maybe not the best place to go for a fair and balanced perspective.

Gopher fans are frustrated. We can score 42 on MSU, 35 on NW/Purdue, 28 on Wisky etc...

Certainly the Gopher offense can perform at a high level. Just would like some consistency. That is the frustration you are hearing...

Comment

Originally posted by stpaulgoph View Post
        Maybe not the best place to go for a fair and balanced perspective.

Gopher fans are frustrated. We can score 42 on MSU, 35 on NW/Purdue, 28 on Wisky etc...

Certainly the Gopher offense can perform at a high level. Just would like some consistency. That is the frustration you are hearing...

so that must mean our defense is better than MSU,NW,Purdue and Wisky(windsor i hope)

Comment

Good luck in the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            so that must mean our defense is better than MSU,NW,Purdue and Wisky(windsor i hope)
            You can believe whatever you want from the "transitive properties" of CFB.

Gophers can score on very solid teams, even ranked teams (Wisky will be top 15 come monday). Weber has been an enigma this year in this offense--great games (MSU 400 yards passing and 5 TD's) and putrid ones (at PSU).

If you want to stack your defense against MSU then by my guest.

Comment

SDSU fans were great today, probably the best and most vocal visiting crowd all season.

I had a great time at the game and was very happy to see all the Jacks fans in the stands. The Gophers were very lucky to escape with a win. I am both a U of M and SDSU graduate, but I was wearing the yellow and blue today!

Comment

Anybody have any firm estimates about the size of the SDSU crowd on hand today? I was fairly surprised/happy with the turn out. I know my family had many non-SDSU fan friends show up for the game today so that was pretty convincing. I think by this showing today we may have created some more regional interest in our program!

Comment

lets just put it this way, I think we would have filled the "Sold Out" student section a lot more than they did.

my two favorite funnies of the game... "Congratulations on the 5th (i think) consecutive sell out of your TCF Stadium... with 10,000 empty seats staring at us... and hearing the entire stadium BOO when they announced who was opening the season there against UofM next year...

Comment

The stadium experience was outstanding for me. I was sitting with two other former Jackrabbit football players, but there were Jacks fans scattered throughout our area (We had tickets from a Gophs season ticket holder). The Gopher fans around us were very cordial and provided good conversation during lulls in the action (Whenever either team was on offense). They knew why we were there and we cheered when the Jacks did something good and they cheered for the Gophers. No smack, just good conversation. The guy behind me had heard of some of the Jacks players so we conversed about them.

I had a lot of fun. I would even consider going back for a game sometime in the future when the Jacks are on the road to somewhere I can't go.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      lets just put it this way, I think we would have filled the "Sold Out" student section a lot more than they did.

my two favorite funnies of the game... "Congratulations on the 5th (i think) consecutive sell out of your TCF Stadium... with 10,000 empty seats staring at us... and hearing the entire stadium BOO when they announced who was opening the season there against UofM next year...
                      Not to be mean leeshajo, but the joke's on you if you thought it was funny. Our opener next year is USD, but they were booing SDSU because they thought it was the same team.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherbill View Post
                        Not to be mean leeshajo, but the joke's on you if you thought it was funny. Our opener next year is USD, but they were booing SDSU because they thought it was the same team.
                        No, it was the SDSU crowd that was booing because we saw the schedule of USD playing the Gophers.

Comment

Well, how would the joke be on us even if this was the case? It just makes gopher fans look stupid if they booed for that reason.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            Well, how would the joke be on us even if this was the case? It just makes gopher fans look stupid if they booed for that reason.
                            If you don't get it, I'm not going to explain it.

Comment

If you don't get it, I'm not going to explain it.
                              I guess I don't get it either. If they were booing because it was another FCS team on the schedule, how is the joke on us? That would be like Gopher fans booing when they hear Wisconsin or Iowa is mentioned. If they were booing because they thought SDSU was coming back again, and we knew it wasn't true, then how is the joke on us? If they were booing because they wanted to make SDSU fans think they are so far below the U of MN that they don't care if they are the same school, again how is the joke on SDSU fans?
                              I am not trying to smack at all; really just wondering how you think the joke is on SDSU fans for laughing when a different school gets booed.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X