Big 10 Channel Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 10 Channel Confusion

I don't make a habit of visiting another school's board other than to issue a congratulations. I'm writing today for another reason.

I just checked the Big 10 Channel listings and found the game for tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, they say something like this: "The 5-5 Jackrabbits averaging 220 yds per game take on the 7-2 Gophers".......something to that effect. If I were a Jackrabbit fan, I'd contact them.

I just wanted you folks to know. I'll be cheering for you tomorrow. If you're worried about being able to play up to their level...forget it. If I were the Gophers...I'd be worried about playing up to SDSU's level.

Re: Big 10 Channel Confusion

Originally posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I don't make a habit of visiting another school's board other than to issue a congratulations. I'm writing today for another reason.

I just checked the Big 10 Channel listings and found the game for tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, they say something like this: "The 5-5 Jackrabbits averaging 220 yds per game take on the 7-2 Gophers".......something to that effect. If I were a Jackrabbit fan, I'd contact them.

I just wanted you folks to know. I'll be cheering for you tomorrow. If you're worried about being able to play up to their level...forget it. If I were the Gophers...I'd be worried about playing up to SDSU's level.
    Just fired off an email. Thanks for bring that to our attention. I'm going to try to watch the game tomorrow without getting angry at all the "San Diego State" references or the generally paternalistic attitude we're definitely going to get from the announcers.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Just fired off an email. Thanks for bring that to our attention. I'm going to try to watch the game tomorrow without getting angry at all the "San Diego State" references or the generally paternalistic attitude we're definitely going to get from the announcers.
      Good luck...and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by CaBisonFan View Post

yawn! this guy is literally obsessed with the gophers. he is almost as bad as pantherchicken in terms of how much he posts about minnesota. go check out his posting history on the ndsu buffalo board if you don't believe me. some people.....

Comment

Originally posted by BernieBierman=5NC's View Post
          yawn! this guy is literally obsessed with the gophers. he is almost as bad as pantherchicken in terms of how much he posts about minnesota. go check out his posting history on the ndsu buffalo board if you don't believe me. some people.....
          Knock off the smack and personal posts.

Now.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As a UNI fan, I can relate to the frustration of seeing such stupidity out of media outlets. We've been called "NIU" far too many times. Heck, even on the FCS Playoff Selection/Bracket show last year, the crawl at the bottom read: "Maine @ Northern Illinois". Ugh!

And there have been a few times where basketball has been on one of the ESPN's and they've either had graphics up, or had the announcers say that they were in "Cedar Rapids". (which would be the equivalent of saying that SDSU is in Sioux Falls).

But anyhow, good luck against the Gophers. I always love seeing FCS teams beat up on Big Ten teams.

Comment

Working...
            X