Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Games

From TV twitter

"Reportedly, Delaware and South Dakota State have reached an agreement to not play football in 2011 and '12. But the 2010 game is still on."

Re: Delaware Games

There's been some discussion about this on AGS today as well.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=66103
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

That's too bad. Would've been nice to get after them.

Comment

This makes me think we will start playing the other D-1 team in SD very soon. In 2011 & 2012 we have a home and home with SE LA, so we needed to make another non-conference FCS opponent opening. Just a guess. . .
        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
          This makes me think we will start playing the other D-1 team in SD very soon. In 2011 & 2012 we have a home and home with SE LA, so we needed to make another non-conference FCS opponent opening. Just a guess. . .
          Good catch, that's probably it.

Couldn't figure out why we would agree to cancel as travel expenses wouldn't be much more on a short or long plane trip, maybe one more overnight stay.

Revenue jump for instate game that will draw big, I think it's time.

Comment

Good assessment. We will play USD sooner than later. Economic reality is going to hit a lot of schools very hard. Travel costs are skyrocketing and colleges are going to have to look closer to home for opponents.

Comment

It is funny to watch Delaware take a pounding over this from uninvolved third parties on AGS.

And it's funny to watch people compare them to Montana.

SDSU probably gets its travel expenses for next year's game covered, and resumes the series with USD---but it would do best to take two home games from USD before switching to home and home, to keep the NDSU & USD home games on alternating years.

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                You are absolutely correct. We are going to be playing USD in the near future. It just has not been made public yet.
                Last edited by launcher46; 11-15-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X