2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Recruits

Looks like the Jacks pulled in a couple of Minnesota boys. Tony Vaske and Andrew Youngblom. http://www.intermatwrestle.com/recruiting/commitments http://www.theguillotine.com/highsch/wrfiles/wrestlers.html

Re: 2010 Recruits

Nice catch on the Minnesota recruits. According to InterMat, we also pulled in a California recruit on Friday. Cody Pack is projected to wrestle 133 pounds.

Comment

Looks like the Jacks picked up another Minnesota boy. http://www.theguillotine.com/college...sufleming.html Still leaves the question are they gonna recruit some big men? They will need some after losing Swier and Sorenson leave after this year.

Comment

SDSU finds their big man. Pat Brinkman. New Ulm, MN. A solid wrestler. which makes 5 solid recruits for the next year. Enough of recruiting that Kansas "talent" and they finally go next door.

SDSU
        125 Drew Fleming, Waconia, MN
        133 Cody Pack, Quincy, CA
        141 Tony Vaske, Springfield, MN
        141/149 Andrew, Youngblom, Mora, MN
        285 Pat Brinkman, New Ulm, MN

http://s7.zetaboards.com/The_Guillotine_Forum/topic/8222528/1/

Comment

solid class so far

all 5 kids have huge potentail

mr pack from CA is grade A tough

congrats coach liles and staff

Comment

have also heard that the jacks got a committment last night from a big kid (hwt) out of KS
            3 time champ and one time runner up already.
            another big time recruit to add to this years already strong class

congrats coach liles and staff

Comment

Is it Zlatnik?

Comment

Intermat is reporting that we have a verbal from Kyle Caylor from KS. He is a 215 lber in high school that some project as a 197 lber in college. Going for his third consecutive high school championship this year in 6A. Very nice pedigree in freestyle and greco highlighted by winning both events at Junior Nationals in 2007. Placed 8th in Greco last year. Great class this year Coach Liles. Let's get a few more in the middle weights!

Comment

Intermat is reporting another verbal for the Jacks, from Alabama. Welcome to SDSU. This year's recruits have the makings for a very good class.

Intermat: Several more high school wrestlers recently announced their college intentions, including Alabama state placewinner Chris Pilot (pictured), who will be attending South Dakota State and projects at 133 pounds.

Comment

Why have we not done well in wrestling since the move up. Lack of scholarships and depth, stiffer competition to name a few? Do we need new leadership here?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Why have we not done well in wrestling since the move up. Lack of scholarships and depth, stiffer competition to name a few? Do we need new leadership here?
                      IMO a number of reasons. Moving to D-I in wrestling is especially tough, because a lot of kids, at least in our recruiting area, know they have a chance to become a National Champion in wrestling (as you know, we have had a lot of them) and face the fact that even advancing to the NCAAs in wrestling is really tough (as we already know).

You can add to that...lack of scholarships, although they have just upped that number and that is why we have a larger (and hopefully better) recruiting class coming next fall. Also we are short a full-time coach (as are some of the other sports). Both NDSU and Northern Colorado have experienced some of the same problems...although the Bison are still ahead of our program as they were in D-2.

Comment

Looks like Nick Mart, 189 lber from Vermillion has verballed. Ranked #1 at his weight class in the state and currently #12 on the Dynamite Dozen. I am glad to see Lyles bringing some big guys into the room next year.

Comment

I apologize for a little thread drift, but does anybody have a good contact in the wrestling department about recruiting? I've emailed Coach Liles a couple of times in regards to a possible recruit that is several years out, but I'm not sure my message is getting through.

A friend of my son is off to a great start in his high school career and I know my son would help influence him towards Brookings if the staff has interest in him. This freshmen capped off his first varsity year of wrestling by going 36-1 and had two pins and a technical fall in claiming a Nebraska large school championship at 103 lbs. This kid has everything you would want in a scholar-athlete and I believe he may be overlooked by Nebraska as rarely does anyone get recruited by Division I programs from our community.

It would make my day if this kid wrestled for the Jacks instead of the Huskers and I think he has potential to be special based on his past performance at national AAU meets and what he did during his freshmen year. Coach Nagy has been able to lock up some big time recruits before the competition found them and I think this could work for Coach Liles too.

Comment

gopherhole

if you would like you can email me at rjohns7@brookings.net and I will make sure it gets into the proper hands

One big thing SDSU wrestling needs is support...right now they are not even close to being at a even playing field with anyone in our conference...let alone the rest of D 1 wrestling...with more support (asst coach first) more results will come

Comment

Coach Liles must have gotten the word, I got a nice email from him and he said they had a coach at the state championships who saw the kid that I referred to him. Thanks Cowboy Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X