Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

I realize that the #1 hope is a victory over Minnesota this weekend. But, barring a big upset, what would you be happy with this weekend? Or, would you only be happy with an SDSU win?

I am torn on this game. I am an SDSU BS graduate, but also a Minnesota MS graduate and a current U of M employee with season football tix. I still follow the Jacks closely and I am thrilled with the success this year (and the big basketball signings yesterday!)

My personal hope is a victory by the Gophers, but a strong, respectable showing by the Jacks.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of yellow and blue at TCF Saturday. I hope you all enjoy the new stadium and campus. If you get a chance, I encourage you to take a walk around the stadium. There is a concourse on the top of the second level that wraps around the stadium and provides great views of the stadium, the campus, and downtown Mpls.

Re: What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

I'D like to see a victory for SDSU, & we just might, given how dissappointed the players were in thier performance against SIU.That's the main thing for me, to see the team shrug off a bad game & come out with fire & passion for the game ,& give a good performance ,win or lose.

Comment

a big fat W

Comment

"You play...to win...the game!" ~Herm Edwards

We aren't going to TCF Bank Stadium to just collect a check.

Comment

I don't expect a win on Saturday but I'm sure our Jacks will play hard and will fight unitl the end. If we play a near perfect game we have a shot at winning this thing. Even if we lose as long as it's fairly close I'll be very happy. Single digit loss or a win works for me. Either way I'll be there with my Rabbit jersey on cheering on the Jacks.

Comment

By the way the Gophers are favored by 12 1/2. I think that shows some respect to the Jacks. Over/under is 46 1/2. They are giving the Jacks defense some credit the way it looks. I'll take SDSU and the over.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              By the way the Gophers are favored by 12 1/2. I think that shows some respect to the Jacks. Over/under is 46 1/2. They are giving the Jacks defense some credit the way it looks. I'll take SDSU and the over.
              What do Jacks fans think are the % chance of the upset?

Comment

Originally posted by stpaulgoph View Post
                What do Jacks fans think are the % chance of the upset?
                35% chance to win imo... and most of it is dependent on how Adam Weber plays.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I'd say a 1 in 3 chance to win. A few things have to fall in place: Gophers must underperform in some areas, and we have to play our best. But anything can happen. Stig always says, football ultimately comes down to beating the guy in front of you.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think it helps that Weber is more of a drop back passer and not much of a running QB. Our two losses were against QB's that run the football. We were horrible last week in stopping So. Illinois' running QB.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      a big fat W
                      Is the W for Whaleofagame?

Play a sound game and get back to the play Jacks fans are used to. Cut out the turnovers, wrap up the ball carrier, execute proper snaps, etc. and the Jacks will be fine. Should be a good game.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                        That equates to 29-17 Gophs or 30-17 Gophs, if my 8th grade Algebra is up to snuff (2x + 12.5 = 46.5)

Means Gophs expected to score fewer points against the Jacks at home than SIU got on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BCJacks View Post
                          I realize that the #1 hope is a victory over Minnesota this weekend. But, barring a big upset, what would you be happy with this weekend? Or, would you only be happy with an SDSU win?

I am torn on this game. I am an SDSU BS graduate, but also a Minnesota MS graduate and a current U of M employee with season football tix. I still follow the Jacks closely and I am thrilled with the success this year (and the big basketball signings yesterday!)

My personal hope is a victory by the Gophers, but a strong, respectable showing by the Jacks.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of yellow and blue at TCF Saturday. I hope you all enjoy the new stadium and campus. If you get a chance, I encourage you to take a walk around the stadium. There is a concourse on the top of the second level that wraps around the stadium and provides great views of the stadium, the campus, and downtown Mpls.

Not even a question. Win, period.

Comment

A Big W for the Jacks would be nice. Not only for SDSU, but also for the Gophers. If State wins, hopefully UofM will can Brewster and I can start to actually enjoy watching the Gophers.

Comment

Just got a haircut so the only thing I need is a W!

What I'm looking for is the Jacks to take care of the ball and not make critical mistakes. Special teams are a huge part of the game and we need to win that battle. If we don't do that a loss is probably a forgone conclusion.

The playbook needs to be opened up a bit more or it could be ugly. If they are aggressive with play calling and protect the ball you just never know.

I coulf probably throw a few more cliches in there.

What a win it would be!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X