Parking at the U of M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking at the U of M

First off, I would like to state how excited I am to have SDSU come to the Twin Cities. I am a current U of M student, but I come from Southwest Minnesota, so I know quite a bit about SDSU overall. It'll be fun!

Since I have been seeing some confusion on your board from a spectator's point of view, I'll give you some pointers for Saturday in regards to parking. DO NOT plan on parking on the East Bank Campus! All of the University ramps / lots are already reserved to season ticket holders that have paid $1,000 + donations. Taking this into consideration, there are a couple of SMALL business lots on the East Bank Campus, but you need to come very early to have a chance at those.

The area down University Avenue, also known as "Dinkytown", has a few spots available. But travel over there with caution.

But what I have heard is the best option is to take advantage of the Holiday Inn Metrodome Ramp on the West Bank Campus. From that ramp, exercise your legs and walk across the beautiful Washington Avenue Bridge over the Mississippi River and walk through one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation to the wonderful TCF Bank Stadium.

If this does not work out, I know that there's a lot of parking on the St. Paul campus as well. The University provides buses to TCF Bank Stadium from there.

Finally, although it's designed horribly, I'll leave you with the following website link that you might find helpful. If any of you have questions, ask me here! I see a lot of these people who say they're from the University are obviously not, so be careful who you listen to

Welcome to the great University of Minnesota, and welcome to the city of Minneapolis!

http://www1.umn.edu/pts/stadium.html#footballparking

Re: Parking at the U of M

Make sure to bring a good map! Washington bridge and 10th St. bridge are very different so make sure it fits your needs if you use either of them. Washington bridge is much prettier and wider for pedestrians, but a little more difficult to find.

Don't leave without seeing the Northrop Mall area as it's the heart of campus. Go inside Coffman Union to warm up or use the restroom or just relax. Dinkytown and Stadium Village are the two main districts and both are worth checking out but have different feels. The 7 corners West Bank area near the Holiday Inn also has its advantages as well. St. Paul campus sucks.

Comment

Working...
    X