Chad Greenway's comments on Stig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Greenway's comments on Stig

Coach Stig had an interview today on KFAN in the cities. At the end of the interview, "Chad from Mount Vernon" called in. Stig figured out right away it was Chad Greenway. Greenway had very nice things to say about Coach Stig. He even told a story about how when he was being recruited by SDSU, USD, NDSU and Iowa Stig advised him to take that opportunity to go to Iowa, and if it didn't work out, he always had a place at SDSU. Greenway and his family appreciated that greatly, and said that the "other" school in South Dakota did not grant that same type of graciousness. He will be attending the game this weekend, I hope on SDSU's sideline.

Here is the link to the interview:
    http://kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/si...N_Barreiro.xml

Re: Chad Greenway's comments on Stig

Nice post rabbits. That is pretty cool!

Comment

That was excellent. I also appreciated Greenway calling in and speaking so highly of Stig. Says a lot about a coach to tell a blue chip recruit to follow the path that will lead him to success when that path leads directly away from that coach's campus. For that alone, I appreciate Coach. Classy all the way.

As for Chad's reference to another school in South Dakota, I won't touch his comment with a ten foot pole in a non-smack thread! Greenway was pretty clear about how he felt.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        That was excellent. I also appreciated Greenway calling in and speaking so highly of Stig. Says a lot about a coach to tell a blue chip recruit to follow the path that will lead him to success when that path leads directly away from that coach's campus. For that alone, I appreciate Coach. Classy all the way.

As for Chad's reference to another school in South Dakota, I won't touch his comment with a ten foot pole in a non-smack thread! Greenway was pretty clear about how he felt.
        Well, I'm positive Dakota Wesleyan offered him a full ride since he grew up so close to Mitchell.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Him and half the other high school football players in Davison, Hanson, Aurora, Douglas and Hutchinson counties.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I like Stig's little dig on U of M's coach's comment on why it doesn't do the Gophs any good to play schools like SDSU.

To paraphrase, he says... He said the same thing about North Dakota State and they lost to them... didn't do them any good, either.

In the words of my generation, BURN!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Yep Stig didn't miss a beat with that one. BTW: Where -is- Mississippi State?

Comment

Why does Minnesota play there FCS team towards the end of the year? they did it with NDSU also.... I understand the advantage of playing a FCS team the first 1-2 weeks of the season, but I have to agree with Brewster, what good does playing a FCS team give the team at this point in the season?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Yep Stig didn't miss a beat with that one. BTW: Where -is- Mississippi State?
                  Starkville.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Why does Minnesota play there FCS team towards the end of the year? they did it with NDSU also.... I understand the advantage of playing a FCS team the first 1-2 weeks of the season, but I have to agree with Brewster, what good does playing a FCS team give the team at this point in the season?
                    It is all scheduling, the Big 10 only plays 8 conference games with 11 teams, you are going to have open dates, and to fill in for a 12th game during the year, FCS teams are typically available. I know they would like to play them early, but if a team like MN wants to strengthen up the non-conference schedule with teams from power conferences, those games are going to be played early as well, which would push games like this later into the year. Badgers played Cal-Poly the last game of the year in 2008, so it might be the norm, but definitely not unheard of. All teams are looking for is an easy win, fill the seats, make lots of money.

Comment

OUr game had been scheduled earlier, but I believe it was moved to this date to accomodate getting a different game on television for the Gophers. I think it was their Syracuse game, but may be mistaken.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Don't know if anyone noticed by Chad was on our sidelines today... it was very cool to have him on our bench supporting his state. He was into the game and rooting for the Jacks. Simply a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
                          He was into the game and rooting for the Jacks.
                          Yeah, but how hard is it for a Hawkeye to cheer against the Gophs?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Yeah, but how hard is it for a Hawkeye to cheer against the Gophs?
                            Jake and Mike Steffen's dad was his high school coach.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              Jake and Mike Steffen's dad was his high school coach.....
                              Yeah he was obviously good friends with the Steffens. Very vocal for those guys every time they made a play. Still very cool to have him on our sidelines at a Minnesota game in Minnesota. Definitely was a highlight of the day too see a professional football player who wasn't an alumni cheering so strongly for the Jacks. I have had a lot of respect for Chad all along... but even more after today.

Comment

Working...
                              X